• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamnltd
    Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

From Contact page to Home page

Why can't I go from Contact page to Home page? I get a "this page cannot be displayed message".

I know it must be such a simple answer, for the life of me I cannot think it through.

Thanks
    Andrea
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: From Contact page to Home page

Have you:
    1- saved?
    2- published?
    If that doesn't work, check your spelling example www.yoursite.com/contact.hml instead of html

" height="24"><A href="http://www.forgetmenotusa.com.html..." drop the 'html'
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• duffer
      Corporal

• May 2006

You currently have the link pointed to forgetmenotusa.com.html/

Change it to forgetmenotusa.com

btw your page could load a little faster if you were to resize some of the pics. The 3rd one from the left is 605k by itself.

Comment

• jamnltd
        Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

What size should the pictures be to load fast?

I will change to forgetmenotusa.com

Sorry I was so long it getting back, my other job was calling.

Andrea

Comment

• jamnltd
          Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

I give up. I changed it to forgetmenotusa.com and it still does not work. In the off chance (lol) I seem like I don't know what I am doing (it is obvious I am new at this) where do I change the link?

They should take some of my stripes away. LOL

Andrea

Comment

• VodaHost
            General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

its still http://www.forgetmenotusa.com.html/ it has not changed. you must remove the .html form the end.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

20:45, Italy France still 1-1 and your back to homepage link from your contact page is still http://www.forgetmenotusa.com.html/

Bump (in removing the .html from the end of the link)
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jamnltd
                Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

I understand I have to remove the .html. I change it under Navigation Bar Properties, right? If not, where?

Are you cheering for Italy or France? I am for Italy. Originally I was for Argentina as my son-in-law played for them 10 years ago and his brother played for Germany.

Thank
                Andrea

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

How could i be for France? i live in Italy. and yes, take the .html off your link
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jamnltd
                    Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

Okay - I must have a bug. I have taken the .html off, republished and it is still there. What to do next?

Still 1-1. There have been quite a few overtime and double overtime games. Makes it exciting.

Andrea

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, it is still there. Edit the link in the Menubar, save the page, then publish again
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• jamnltd
                        Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

Congratulations on Italys win! Have fun celebrating.

I did change it in the menu bar, saved and republished. I think I should give it up for today. Maybe tomorrow it will work. Or, maybe I should reboot my computer.

Thanks for you help and patience.

Andrea

Comment

• miko72
                          Private

• Jan 2006

Jamnltd,

It looks as though you are using a navigation bar on your pages with roll-over images.

The navigation from your homepage looks as though it works best to link to your pages.

If you are finding it to hard to edit the URL from your contactus page try this.

- Open your homepage and contactus page in BlueVoda.
                          - Highlight the Navigation Bar on your homepage, right click and select copy.
                          - Then go to your contactus page and right click and select paste.This should copy the nav bar with all links intact.

Move it to the appropriate location on the page then save and publish.

You may want to check your order now page also as the links on it dont have the "www" in them and I cant access the contactus page from there.

Simply repeat the steps outlined above for that page also.

Good Luck..
                          Ways To Make Money Online

Comment

• jamnltd
                            Sergeant Major

• Apr 2006

Yes, I am using a navigation bar. I copied, pasted, save and republished to no avail. In BV it reads www.forgetmenotusa.com, when I publish it and view it on the internet it reads www.forgetmenotusa.com/html.

I have been at this all day and I have no idea what is going on. I even deleted and rebuilt the nav bar on the contact page. Didn't work.

I think I will deal with this tomorrow. Maybe if I turn off my computer, the BV genie will come in the night and fix it. LOL

Do you have any other ideas? Maybe I don't really need a Contact Page afterall. LOL That's an idea, I need a Resource and Link page, I can add a form there.

Thanks for all your ideas. Keep them coming.

Andrea

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please use my form and send me the .bvp file of your contact page. I'll see what's wrong with it.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X