Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi guys, please help me on this, (a valuable help for beginers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, please help me on this, (a valuable help for beginers)

Hi guys, just like everybody I'm also asking help, I’ll be starting my website tomorrow. I'm a recent art grad student who wants to showcase my artworks in web, and hopefully gain employment through my website..
    Also as a new member, I would also try my best to help others. anyway ok ‘nuff about the intro and reserve that later in my website =P

here’s my questions:

first: I’m planning to put my movie file in my website, I saw the tutorials and know exactly how to place them but I wanted to have controls like play, pause, stop, rewind and fast forward buttons that would control the movie file? can anybody help me on this please.
    also aside form that I also know that others would prepare to download the movie file instead of watching it play so my next question regarding to this matter is that how can I make someone download the movie by simply clicking on the button?

second: I also wanted to have an image gallery that has thumbnail, how do I make the larger pic to just appear on the same page (not as a pop up, just image) and how do I put a scroll bar on the thumbnails?

for illustrations for question 1 and 2 please refer to the images I attached, thank you very much and have a great day...
    Attached Files

Re: Hi guys, please help me on this, (a valuable help for beginers)

1) What format are you planning to offer your movie in?
    2) You need a script for this, we recommend coppermine, it come pre-installed in your control panel.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

1.) What format are you planning to offer your movie in?

It can be either QuickTime, wmv, or maybe I should have an option as well for that if they want to view it in wmv or QuickTime? I'm not really sure what do you suggest?

2) You need a script for this, we recommend coppermine, it come pre-installed in your control panel.

coppermine? is it easy to use? cause I’m not really into scripting.

Comment

1) How large is the movie file? I always recommend people use streaming
        flash. It is light, fast and has the highest level of end user satisfaction.

2) Coppermine can be installed with a few clicks in your control panel. It's
        pretty straight forward to learn and use.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1) How large is the movie file? I always recommend people use streaming flash. It is light, fast and has the highest level of end user satisfaction.

ok so since we're talking about movie size, how big is the recommended size to download it fast if you're going to watch it online? what about if you just want to download it?
          using flash? any recommended tutorial for that? cause I saw the tutorial how to place the flash movie , but putting the movie in flash, controlling it with buttons and publishing it, that is the part I do not know?

2) Coppermine can be installed with a few clicks in your control panel. It’s pretty straight forward to learn and use.

I see ok, I'll give it a try later.
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          X