Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grrr text box

Hey!

So I would like to put a lot of text in to a text box. I would like the text box to have scroll bars so the text is in one area of the web page.

Can any one tell me how to do this?

I have tried the “text area” and that works BUT when the page starts up you can delete all of the content. Why o why?

Any way thanks for the help

Re: grrr text box

Originally posted by unit3
    Hey!

So I would like to put a lot of text in to a text box. I would like the text box to have scroll bars so the text is in one area of the web page.

Can any one tell me how to do this?

I have tried the “text area” and that works BUT when the page starts up you can delete all of the content. Why o why?

Any way thanks for the help
    A great way to achieve this is to use i-frames. Check out the 'Tips and Tricks' forum for the threads about i-frames. You can achieve some really nice effects.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
      You are not the first to ask this question, and looking at the number of search results in a Google query, you are not alone.

The text area is designed to be used to type in text, scroll through what you have typed, and edit if necessary.

However this can be changed. (Here I am in waters that are unknown to me, and I may be reprimanded by the forum administrator.)

However I did find an example that can be used with a BV text area.
      - Create a text area box 150 wide by 65 high on a blank BV page.
      - Right click the text area, and choose HTML
      - Paste this into the "inside tag" box.

readonly="true" enabled="true">
      This is my textbox. This is my textbox. This is my textbox. This is my
      textbox.....

- Preview the blank page, and you will see that you can scroll thru the text, even highlight it, but you can't change it.

This seems to work, but there is a bit of tweaking that needs to be done, because there is a ">" at the end. It also may not be ideal because the text content is "hard coded".

Another option, that might suit you, is a scrolling news box. Go to my site and choose SA Candle Makers, from the menu. At the bottom of the page is an example, and a link to where I borrowed the free code from.

The scrolling news box may be a bit gimmicky in some cases. If you decide to use it, and need help, just mail me,

Regards
      -
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Agree with Amanda iframe could be the way for you to go. with a bit of work you could get something like this demo. http://www.aliensanonymous.org/voda.html

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

Comment

hey alien did you see that prog about venus and jupiter and saturn the other night? an old one but good one the rings of saturn are ice but did you know that they are still forming from the outside in mmmm but where from hey thats the question, i could tell you how i know but i might die hear now dont know why dont when but we will meet again some sunny day alien some sunny day
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
          X