• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alejaz
    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Understanding what does what

I'm working on my site and I want to add some pizazz but I'm not sure what does what.

I added a marquee and I wanted it to scroll onto the page and then stop but I can't seem to get that to happen. Is there something else I should use or have I just not set it correctly?

Also, I'm not sure what flash does. Can anyone give me an example?

Thank you,

Alejaz
    Alejaz
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Understanding what does what

Select "Slide" instead of "Scroll" in the marquee properties. Flash gives animation and sound in your pages. Have a look here
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Alejaz
      Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Thank you. I have changed it back and forth to see the different effects but can you tell me how to get it to just do it one time and then stay in place. I just want it to scroll or slide onto the page and then stop. I'm sure it's very simple and I just haven't found the right setting but I'd like to get that part done so I can move on to the other stuff.
      Alejaz

Comment

• Alejaz
        Sergeant

• Jun 2006

And. I made a mistake on that website. The correct site is http://www.team5x5resources.com
        Alejaz

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I repeat: to make the marquee slide only once and then stop, in the marquee properties selrct "Slide". If you did so and you don't see any difference, you may have a browser cache problem, press F5 some times to refresh the page
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Alejaz
            Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Sorry to make you repeat yourself. It still doesn't work but I'll move on and see if I can find another option.
            Alejaz

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Sorry, but there is no other option. if it doesn't work, it is either because you have some code conflict or your browser is cacheing. Look at it in preview. If it is only a cache problem, in preview it should be ok. If even in preview it doesn't work, please post the URL here so that we can have a look.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• Alejaz
                Sergeant

• Jun 2006

Hey guys just wanted to update you on my dilema with the marquee as it might be helpful for others in the future.

I was using Firefox as my browser because of a problem with Internet Explorer. After your comments on the cache I went looking in the forum and did all the stuff it said to do including downloading the window washer and it still didn't work but in the process of looking for all the info on cache I was reading about the different browsers and it occurred to me that I should try taking a look in IE. Imagine my surprise when it did in fact work exactly as you said it would Naval.

I'm off to plug away some more but I'm sure I'll be back soon with more questions.

Thanks a bunch!
                Alejaz
                Alejaz

Comment

Working...
                X