• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byrner
    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Total n00bie

Hi, I am a total n00bie and could'nt build a site to save my life. I have seen sites that you can buy for like $60, but it says that you need the following software. Does that mean that I have to have this software loaded on my hosting site first ? before I can upload the site that I buy.

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
    Adobe Photoshop 7+;
    Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe GoLive or Microsoft Frontpage 2003;
    Macromedia Flash MX+;

Any help would be gratefully received.
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Total n00bie

Originally posted by Byrner
    Hi, I am a total n00bie and could'nt build a site to save my life. I have seen sites that you can buy for like $60, but it says that you need the following software. Does that mean that I have to have this software loaded on my hosting site first ? before I can upload the site that I buy.

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
    Adobe Photoshop 7+;
    Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe GoLive or Microsoft Frontpage 2003;
    Macromedia Flash MX+;

Any help would be gratefully received.
    You need these applications on your pc in order to edit and fine tune the website that you buy.

You could build your own, better site, using BV. Believe me! Many of our members are complete novices when they start out here, including myself. BV is so easy to use - you should give it a try. There is loads of help available in the tutorials and forums and if you get really stuck you can always post for help.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• beegud2
      Major General

• Apr 2006

Take it form someone who doesn't know anything about anything to do with coding and still no cool about half the stuff and I did it...I was planning on buying the idiots guide to build a website ...so that ought to tell you how clueless I am. I'm still learning and the good people on the forum are hear to help. Before you invest...download the free website builder, watch the tutorials and see what you can do...we are here to help you fine tune and make it better. You'll be surprised at waht you can do...at least give it a shot. :)
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Byrner
        Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi Girlonthehill, thank you for replying. I have looked at all the tutorials but just cant seem to design anytin thats why I was looking to buy a site then take my time looking at the code and learning.

Comment

• Byrner
          Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi beegud2, I am useless at designing anytin I did look at the videos, but still could'nt do it. Maybe I am just to dam tick lol.

Comment

• beegud2
            Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi Girlonthehill, thank you for replying. I have looked at all the tutorials but just cant seem to design anytin thats why I was looking to buy a site then take my time looking at the code and learning.
            What kind of site do you want to build? and what is you want your visitors to see and know?...answer these questions and look at sights that offer similar things and pick and choose things you like. Create a map so to speak of pages and what you want on each page.

Take colors you like and using templates, organize where you want to put things and then go from there.

Look at the sites of the forum members and see if something appeals to you and how you could incorporate into your site...

Shout back if you need to some advice....
            Beezz
            sigpic

Comment

• beegud2
              Major General

• Apr 2006

Hi beegud2, I am useless at designing anytin I did look at the videos, but still could'nt do it. Maybe I am just to dam tick lol.
              No..no..lol...I got the tickest head here...trust me...come on give it a shot ...Open your first page and play...that's what I did.

Just play with it a little ...it's like crayons..trust me when I say...I got no artistic talent ...I can't even draw a proper stick person if my life depended on it....if I can do it...so can anyone.

We are here ot help...
              Beezz
              sigpic

Comment

• mark6110
                Major

• May 2006

Hi Byrner,
                First off, you can build a site! with blue voda and the help you have access to in both the tutorials and the forums, anyone can.
                I started out like you, totaly new to the whole website building idea and with a few hic cups and lots of help, managed to build a site in about 2weeks.
                It really is not as dificult as you think.
                As for buyiong a site, if I were paying someone else to build it I don,t see why I would need the software you ask about. The problem is, that if someone esle builds it, you will have to go back to them for every little change you need to make, or end up having to learn everything anyway and then using whatever software they have used.
                Once you have learned a little you will be able to modify your own site whenever you want, with no fuss or extra cost!
                With blue voda the only software you need for a basic site is word; for the spell check, and a basic photo editing package for your graphics. everything else comes with it.
                Give it a try and if you have a problem just look through the tutorials or post a question. you will be amazed at how helpful people are here.
                good luck!
                Regards,
                mark
                MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                www.princess-bride.co.uk
                Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

• Byrner
                  Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi beegud2, the website I am looking for is like the one on the bottom right of this link.

I dont think I could ever build one like it, I would like to add some more pages to the one shown in that link

Comment

• mark6110
                    Major

• May 2006

Byrner,
                    That is not a complete website it is a templet. Because it was built with the programs mentioned you must have them to modify it to suit you.
                    Just as much hassel as building your own!
                    Mark
                    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                    www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

• Byrner
                      Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi mark6110, I have to hosting packages taken out, blue voda looks the better one. One of them I have over a year and still have no website on it I have some domain names that I would like to build websites for. I wayched the vids I have numerous books but still cant seem to do it. Maybe I am not meant to have one lol

Comment

• Byrner
                        Sergeant

• Jul 2006

You get the comple site for $61 ok its only 4 pages but its a working site lol

Comment

• mark6110
                          Major

• May 2006

Just start with a plan of the site, build it simple and once you have something that works, start modifying it and you will learn as you go. But the biggest part is planning and STARTING TO BUILD IT.
                          Don´t give up it starts to make sense once you know what it is you want.
                          Mark
                          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                          www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

• Byrner
                            Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Ok mark6110, will give it a go . Hopefully with a lot of help from the people in here I can get it done . As they say God luvs a tryer and hates a waster . Thanks for the speedy replies everyone and I look forward to getting to know ye all in the coming weeks. Please be patient with me as I dont have a clue at the moment.

Comment

• mark6110
                              Major

• May 2006

Good luck and you will be suprised how much help you get here they are all fantastic people.
                              mark
                              MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                              www.princess-bride.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X