Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of questions from a total newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions from a total newbie.

Hi All,
    I'm hoping that someone here can answer a couple of questions for me. I'm sure that it is very easy but coding and web sites are foreign words to me. I downloaded BV to help me write code for my web page. The web page that I am trying to create is on Garden Web. All I want is a list of the seeds that I have to trade. Simple huh? Well when I made the page in BV it looks fine, but when I copy and paste it to Garden Web it messes up. I don't know if Garden Web over rides my coding or what. This is where I finally get to the questions.

1st I want the first few sentences to be centered and to not have the bullets.

2nd I made a table in BV, which I will be updating often, and all is fine. On the Garden Web site the table (list of seeds) goes to the bottom of the page. How do I get it to the top of the page?

I hope this makes sense and I'm sorry that it is long.
    Thanks so much, Eileen

This is my web page (list) warts and all.

Re: A couple of questions from a total newbie.

Here is the web page addresshttp://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/weeds105?30638

Sorry what a dork I am!!

Comment

Hi there,

BV web builder is designed to make websites on, not to make pages to then transfer to your existing site. I can higly reccommend you swapping to BV though and rebuilding your site completely. It is simply the best software and hosting package you will find in the WORLD!!
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It is not my web site that I want to build. It is a gardening forum where you can list the seeds that you have to trade. Sorry for the confusion.
        Eileen

Comment

Even still... If it's not a forum hosted on BV then it's not going to work I'm afraid
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

"Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan!"
            If you take the time to write down your entire plan, you will beging to see what you need to get you there. With every VodaHost account, you have choices of website builders, Forums, Blog, CMS utilities, etc. to make your intended site as dynamic as you could possibly imagine - FREE.
            But, unless you know exactly what YOU want to accomplish, every comment or bit of advice is useless.
            >> Read every thread you can about commerce, Forum development, and look at the sites listed by other VH clients in "Website Reviews" to get a handle on what you may wish to include in your plan....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I guess it wasn't such an easy question after all. Sorry to have bothered you all. Have a good night, Eileen

Comment

Sorry Eileen, I am sure no one meant to confuse you or get confused by your question. Maybe I am being presumptuous (is that a word?) when I think your forum is not through BV? I don't know, but we all do want to help I can assure you of that
                Ramsey

Comment

Harumph! I guess it's going to be rather difficult to apologize myself with my foot in my mouth, eh??
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X