Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Hello,

I am trying to publish a second web site for my hydrocephalus pages. For some reason, it won't come up at all under the URL visitors would need to use... www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocpehalus. I will need step by step help in correcting what might be wrong. I'm dyslexic so I need to do things slowly. I knew I might have this problem in trying to publish a seond site.

I did create a folder in the SUBDOMAIN section of the control panel called "hydrocpehalus." I don't know what else to do or what I did wrong.

If I can't get this corrected within the next day or so, I'll just publish all the pages to my origional site even though that might look strange.

Terri

Re: Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Hiya, Terri!
    I need to get going soon, but let's see if we can accomplish something quick for you.

A. You have double-checked the spelling on your CP sub-domain setup and the actual FOLDER name, right?

B. AND, when you try to publish, where it says public_html/ in the BV Publish dialog box, you are adding the domain name to look like this: public_html/subdomainname right?

C. And, of course, using BV you have saved this page to the sub-domain BV folder as index I assume...

answer these, and we can move forward....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

>>> Did you manually create a FOLDER in your Blue Voda Folder to "contain" your sub-domain yet? If not, then you now have 2 index files in your public_html/ root directory....

1. In Windows, use Explorer to open your main Blue Voda folder located in My Documents...or just double-click on the MY DOCUMENTS icon on your desktop (computer screen in Windows)

2. Once you have your BV folder open, use the menu to the left to CREATE NEW FOLDER, which you will name your new sub-domain name, spelled exactly...

3. Still in in Windows Explorer, with the BV folder still open, find the "index" page that belongs to your sub-domain and drag-and-drop it into your new sub-domain folder.....

4. Go back to BV web builder, click on OPEN, and you will now see your sub-domain folder you just created, open that to find your new sub index, open that, and republish....being careful to add at the bottom field of the Publisher dialog box the sub-domain name like this: public_html/subdomainname

Now, using IE, go to the URL, hit REFRESH, and tell me what you see....

Comment

Hi Terry,

you have created a subfolder. You should have created a subdomain instead, and the cp would have automatically created the subfolder for you. I can see your subfolder, it's in http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus/

Please delete it through BlueFTP, then go in your CP, click on "Subdomains" and add a subdomain called "hydrocephalus". Then create a subfolder on your computer, called "hydrocephalus", inside your BlueVoda folder. Create your hydrocephalus pages, and save them in this new folder. Then publish them, typing in the Folder field of the publish popup "public_html/hydrocephalus" (without the quotes ") . Remember, the first page of your hydrocephalus subdomain, must also be saved as "index".
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, General G!

Comment

Hello,

Where is this FTP that you are talking about as to where I need to go to deleate a hydrocephalus folder? What steps do I need to follow to create a folder on my computer and where should it be put.... on my desktop or in my documents?

As far as publishing the hydrocephalus pages, it doesn't give me any options to put the hydrocephalus pages anywhere. It just says it is publishing before saying publishing successful so I don't know how when I'm publishing to type in this popup thing you are talking about.
            Terri

Comment

In the BV web-bulider look on the top tool bar and click on "Tools" and then click on FTP Manager. Then click on connect on the left. This will open up two windows -one on the left and one on the right. The ones on the left are your computer files associated with BV and the one on the right is the files for your website on the server. On the right- locate the file hydrocpehalus and delete it.

Now close out of the FTP Manager. Click on the link below and watch the turotial on creating a subdomain.
              http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa..._subdomain.htm

As to the publishing pages to subdomain or anyother specific folder. When you click on the publish icon it brings up a window that by default displays the path to the public_html folder. You can ammend this to place files in a seperate folder you created or a subdomain. For example;
              public_html/hydrocpehalus is what you would put to place pages/files in the subdomain you are creating- hydrocpehalus

I suggest that you spend some time watching the video tutorials that BV has prepared. They are very useful. They can be accessed by clicking on the Video Tutorials button on the bottom of the BV web-bulider (lower left).

Cheers-

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Please click the below to learn how to publish to a addon domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

As far as the FTP Manager goes, there are files on the left hand side but nothing on the right hand side at all. I tried to connect to the right hand side using my user name and password and it said the connection failed. There really is no "right hand side in FTP or at least if there is, I can't connect to it. Those on the left have all of the hydrocephalus pages I've already created. There is nothing on the right side of the FTP to deleate so I don't know where this hydrocephalus file is that needs deleating.

Should I just forget this and connect the hydrocpehalus pages to my other site?

This looks more complicated than I first thought.

Terri

Comment

Terri---

Too many instructions can be confusing...
                    You need to start over in CP to create your sub-domain properly. The reason you do not see "anything on the right" is because you do not have a folder there yet, or what was there has been deleted. ARGH!

Calmly, start from square one again....being dutiful to follow whichever version of simple instructions in this thread you desire.....

Trying not to step on anyone's toes.......

Comment

Hello,

Ok, I followed all of the directions that both Andy and VodaHost sent me including watching and reading everything I found on those pages. I followed everything to the best of my ability to understand them...yet I still can't see my pages! Now what do I do?

When you type in the URL that people would to see the web site: www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus, it comes up something like "Index of hydrocephalus" I have no idea what that means. I even published everything using the public folder.html/hydrocephalus but nothing works. I'm about ready to give up on the whole thing. I promised people on an e-mail support group for hydrocpehalus that I would get a hydrocephalus site up and running. Now I wonder if I should tell them I can't do it. It seems so difficult! Is there anything I missed? I did do an add on domain too as well as the subdomain for hydrocephalus. I don't know what else to do or what could have gone wrong now..... HELP!!!!

Terri

Comment

Originally posted by TLS
                        Hello,

Ok, I followed all of the directions that both Andy and VodaHost sent me including watching and reading everything I found on those pages. I followed everything to the best of my ability to understand them...yet I still can't see my pages! Now what do I do?

When you type in the URL that people would to see the web site: www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus, it comes up something like "Index of hydrocephalus" I have no idea what that means. I even published everything using the public folder.html/hydrocephalus but nothing works. I'm about ready to give up on the whole thing. I promised people on an e-mail support group for hydrocpehalus that I would get a hydrocephalus site up and running. Now I wonder if I should tell them I can't do it. It seems so difficult! Is there anything I missed? I did do an add on domain too as well as the subdomain for hydrocephalus. I don't know what else to do or what could have gone wrong now..... HELP!!!!

Terri
                        Have you published your index page, Terri? If you have then you need to check that it is called simply index - no capital letters. If you haven't then that's what is missing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Well as for the index page, when I try to save the hydrocephalus page by clicking on "file" and Save As.... and change it from hydrocephalus.index to just plain index, when saving it, it says an index page already exists and do I want to replace it. I don't because the origional index page goes with my origional inspirational site.... www.terrilynnspencer.com

As far as the hydrocephalus index page..... how should it be saved and published?

Comment

Originally posted by TLS
                            Well as for the index page, when I try to save the hydrocephalus page by clicking on "file" and Save As.... and change it from hydrocephalus.index to just plain index, when saving it, it says an index page already exists and do I want to replace it. I don't because the origional index page goes with my origional inspirational site.... www.terrilynnspencer.com

As far as the hydrocephalus index page..... how should it be saved and published?
                            Save it as index and publish to public.html/hydrocephalus (this is at the bottom of the pop-up publishing box - just add /hydrocephalus to the end pf public.html) and you should be good to go.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I tried to save the index page for my hydrocephalus site as just plain index, it wouldn't let me unless I override the origional index.... but wouldn't that mess up my origional site completely?

Comment

Working...
                              X