Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Of course it won't. Please understand that you need to have, BOTH on your computer AND on your site, separate areas for the two sites. That's why i had suggested that you create a folder IN YOUR COMPUTER, inside the BlueVoda Folder. It will then allow you to save this new "index" page there. After saving it on your computer, publish it as you already did with the "hydrocephalus index" page
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I just noticed something. When I typed http://hydrocephalus/terrilynnspencer.com it says "index of hydrocephalus." When I click on the actual pages, they do come up. I know it looks strange that when the URL is typed that the "index of hydrocephalus" comes up; however, the fact that you can at least click onto the actual pages and still see them is something.

Should I just leave this as it is? I don't know how to correct the problem unless anyone wants to come to Duluth, Minnesota and fix this situation.
      I'm thinking I should just let the hydrocephalus support e-mail group I'm on that it doesn't work the "normal way" but one can still see the individual pages by clicking on them separately anyway.

Terri

Comment

I don't know how to create a folder inside of the BlueVoda folder. I din't even know where the BlueVoda folder is or how to get to it.

Comment

Ok I did just deleate the name of one of the folders I had origionally in my BlueVoda folder and renamed it "hydrocephalus." However, I have no idea how to save my hydrocephalus pages in that folder unless I just erase all of the pages I've already published for the hydrocephalus site and start all over. Should I do that?

Comment

Go in BV. Copen the new index page. Go to File, "Save as". When the popup with the content of the BV folder appears, just right click on a BLANK space of the popup. From the menu that appears, select "New" then "Folder". Just provide the new folder name, which, in order to remember things, should be called " hydrocephalus", as it will contain the hydrocephalus pages. After you have created the folder, select it and save the page there as "index"
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No, no need to delete your pages. First copy them in the new folder, then delete them.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok I copied all my hydrocephalus pages in the "hydrocephalus folder" in my BlueVoda folder. However, I can't change the index page from hydrocephalus.index to just index in this folder. How do I do this? I guess a severe dyslexic should forget about trying to create web sites. I didn't know it could be so hard.

Terri

Comment

Originally posted by TLS
                  Ok I copied all my hydrocephalus pages in the "hydrocephalus folder" in my BlueVoda folder. However, I can't change the index page from hydrocephalus.index to just index in this folder. How do I do this? I guess a severe dyslexic should forget about trying to create web sites. I didn't know it could be so hard.

Terri
                  Open your Blue Voda, as if to edit an existing page.

Double-click on the hydrocephalus folder.

Right-click on the hydrocephalus.index page (file).

Click on rename.

Rename the page (file) as index then hit enter.

Your page should now be called index

Don't feel down. It's a big learning curve. If you need any more help just come back. :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, I got the home page for the hydrocephalus site working. Now my menu won't work. I used the "Go" menu format; however, there is no "Go" button to click on to. Now what do I do? Is it normal for the "Go" button to disappear like that? The photo gallery page that comes up is strange. That isn't the page I created in that the photo gallery page I created isn't supposed to look like the one that comes up. As for the page I did called "Kathy's page" that page will not come up at all.

Terri

Comment

By the way, I did hyperlink all of my pages together and published all of the hydrocephalus pages in public_html/hydrocephalus so I don't know what went wrong.

Comment

One thing at a time. The Go button doesn't appear because you have ticked the "Do not use button" box in the Go menu properties. By clicking on the link, it will directly work. If you do want the Go button, untick the box in the Go menu properties.

Then your links are wrong: your Gallery link is http://www.photogallery.com/ and that's excactly where the Go menu sends the visitor. The same goes for the "Home" link: it is www.home.com and tht's where the go menu sends the visitor. If that's not what you want, correct the links.

About the "Kathy's story", i can only guess that you have saved the page somwhere else, or you have a spelling mistake.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

I republished the photo gallery page just as plain photos by going to the properties of the page and when it came up, hit the link area and typed in "http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus/photos.html. I then saved it that way and published the page like that. Then I went back to see if that link would work and it would not.

As far as Kathy's page, I did that one the same way by going to properties and clicking on the link and typed: "http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocpehalus/kathyspage.html. I saved it and published it that way and it didn't come up either.

I wonder if I should just give up on the whole thing. Even watching the tuitorials over and over again doesn't help me because I'm more of an auditory learner as well as hands on. Everyone says this is easy.... but not for dyslexics or anyone who has any type of a learning disability in my opinion.

When I type up the URL for visitors, I type it as "www.terrilynnspencer/hydrocephalus.com and the index page comes up fine. The other pages do not work though.

****Very frustrated, discouraged, and feel like the worst dumb dumb in the world******

Terri

I wonder if I should just e-mail my hydrocephalus support e-mail group and say that I've been working on the hydrocephalus site and other than the index/home page, I can't get the other pages published to the Internet at all and am thinking of just giving up on the whole thing. What do you all think? Is it impossible for dyslexics to learn this stuff? Does anyone else with learning disabilities ever try this program and succeed at it?

Terri

Comment

Please use myform to send me your IP, username and password. I'll have an inside look for you if you wish so
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Hello navaldesign

I did go to your myform link and sent you my IP, username and password. One big mistake I made though when I kept trying over and over again to make sure my hydrocephalus index page would publish as "index" is that I accidently did an override on my origional index page for my origional inspirations site and now I can't do any editing on that site because of that.

I'm wondering if it is impossible to get that origional index for my inspirational site back so I can still edit it or is that impossible? I wanted to be able to continue to edit that site too so I could add more pages to that site. Now I'm thinking that might be impossible and I'll just have to create a 2nd subdomain ect to do a whole new inspirational site.... though I didn't want to do that.

I hope sending you my IP password and username will help you see what I might be doing wrong and if it is even correctable or not for either the hydrocephalus site or the origional inspirational site.

Terri

Comment

You mean on computer level ? because i can see that your original index page is there. Also, the username or password you sent me, is wrong. Please check and send them again.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X