Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to Publish 2nd website... not much luck!

Hello,

Yes on the computer level I have no way of editing my inspirational web site because my original index page is gone to where I can't edit it anymore.

As for the username and password... what I sent is on all of the areas of the welcome letter I have. Should I just e-mail you the welcome letter then? If it would be ok to do that, I would prefer that because at this point I feel I can't do anything right. my e-mail address is: www.terrilynnspencer@charter.net
    If it is ok to just e-mail you my welcome letter as an attachment, I would just need your e-mail address.

Terri

Terri

Comment

Yes please. And to find your old ondex page, you should open BV, New Page, From existing html page, in the URL field just type in your www.terri......com and BV will import the page from your site. You might need to make minor adjustments, and maybe re-insert some image, but 90% of your work will be there
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok I've gotten the "new page" up. So now what? I go and open another BV and open an existing page? I'm confused.....
        When I open any of my existing pages from BV I don't see any URL field at all. What should I click to make the URL field open when I'm in the exsisting page?

Terri

Comment

Please forward me the welcome email. The info you sent me is still the same but it is incorrect.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by TLS
            Ok I've gotten the "new page" up. So now what? I go and open another BV and open an existing page? I'm confused.....

Terri
            You must NOT open a new page. You must open a NEW PAGE FROM EXISTING HTML

Never mind, i'll do it for you and send you the page.
            Navaldesign

Comment

However i must leave now. I have mailed you so you can send me the welcome email that you have received from VodaHost, so i can check your loggin info and see what's going on. Tomorrow morning i'm going to fix also your page and mail it to you. Ok ?
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help. I'm so sorry about all of this. I don't understand computers very well anyway and to be in constant pain from hydrocpehalus headaches is unbearable at times. I know one big symptom of shunt failure is poor memory and confusion. I know that is at least part of the problem. Unfortunately they won't do diagnostic tests here in Minnesota like they should so I'm getting a 2nd opinion in Maryland next month and hope I can "hold out" until I see this expert adult hydrocephalus neurologist and neurosurgan. I'm sorry for all of the confusion. I guess I'm just in unbearable pain from headaches and vision trouble right now and can't think at all anymore.

Terri

Comment

Terri, here are your problems solutions:

The link in the go menu for Kathy's story is set as :
                  http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydr...thysstory.html

instead you have published the page as "Kathy's Story.html" Open the page in BV, save it in your hydrocephalus folder as "kathysstory" .
                  Please note that i have already corrected that for you directly on your site, you you only need to save it, you don't need to republish.

The link in the Go menu for your Photo page, is set as
                  http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydr...us/photos.html

but your page has been published as "Hydrocephalus Photo Gallery.html". I also have corrected this page in "photos.html", but please, again, open the page in BV, and save it as "photos"

Your site is perfectly working now, and it can be reached directly by tyoing in IE www.hydrocephalus.terrilynnspencer.com

I'll come back to you emailng you your original site homepage.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Hello Naveldesign,

I just completed saving the pages in my computer like you suggested on the hydrocephalus site.

I do have a question about my origional inspirational site thougt which is, should I do the same thing with my files (pages) on my computer with that site too? The reason I ask is because I attempted it with the Stories 1 page for example. When I did, it came up "do you want to replace this? Since I didn't know why that would happen when it didn't happen when I did what you suggested with my hydrocephalus pages, I clicked "No" so I didn't make a horrible mistake.

In any case, my files or pages for my origional site are saved as: Stories 1, Stories 2, Stories 3, Stories 4 and Stories 5. Should those be changed and saved in my computer as stories1, stories2, stories3, stories4, and stories5 in my computer? I thought I should get clarification aboout this before I did it.

Also, I can't think but help wouldn't it just be easier on my origional inspirational site since I accidently did an override on my index page where I can't edit it in my system anymore if it might just be easier to have Go menus on all of the pages in the inspirational site. That way I can still do editing in the site without you having to do any importing.

I looked at the importing video and it looked too confusing to figure out. I just couldn't understand it at all.

Terri

Comment

Naveldesign,

I reread some of these posts on this thread and was finally able to get my origional index home page back on my computer where I can still edit it.

I did put a Go menu there; however, when I tried to put the URL links on it, none of them work at all. I'm not sure what the problem is. What do I keep doing wrong when it comes to this part of the publishing process?

I'm going to eventually deleate the buttons on the home/index page of my inspirational site; however, I want to wait and do that when the links in my Go menu work first if that makes sense.

Anyway, I thought I should let you know that I finally figured out how to import a page and was able to do that by rereading everything so you won't have to worry about doing that for me.

I just need to figure out what is wrong with my link buttons on my Go menu for this site.

Terri

Comment

Hello

When I'm trying to republish the origional index page for my inspirational site, it's not coming up correctly. For example I had to readd a counter and resaved the page when I did this. When I did and published, I made sure I published it under public_html; however, my counter won't come up at all. I'm so confused.

Comment

OK....if you REALLY want a Counter (not recommended, you know!)
                          Check to see if you installed it properly on the page, and then also verify you saved/installed the script properly to your public_html via FTP properly....it may be "missing" and simply has nothing to refer to ....
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X