Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I just add additional inspirational pages to the first site I created?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just add additional inspirational pages to the first site I created?

Hello,

As far as my origional web site,www.terrilynnspencer.com I did that as an Inspirational Site. My question is, can I redo the navigation and change that from the regular fixed navigation to a "go" button so I can add on more pages? Would this really mess things up?

How do I change the navigation from one form to another? Should I just deleate the current fixed navigation completely and just readd the pages I already have to a "go" button navigation?

Terri

The site I'm referring to is: www.terrilynnspencer.com

Re: Can I just add additional inspirational pages to the first site I created?

Hi Terri,
    You can also consider the menu bar. The button is below the nav bar button on the left vertical panel. If you go for the menu bar, you can choose vertical or horizontal layout. If you choose horizontal, at some time you may run out of sideways page space.

I am not aware of a limit to the number of buttons on the nav bar. Try adding some more. It is my personal preference that both the nav bar and menu bar will look better that the GO button.

If you change, redo the bars, it is not a real hassle.
    Your mouseover text color is white on your current home page, and this makes the text invisible.

Have fun
    Royden

www.harrow-art.com
    www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hello Royden,

I tried to use the "to Go" button because I'm thinking this site is going to get larger than I expected. As for the pages I've already created and published, I did put those into the "To Go" menu like the tuitoral showed me and I typed the URL information like I did when I did the origional menu bar; however, when I tried to click on the "Go" menu to see if the other pages would come up, it would not work. What did I do wrong?

I did leave my fixed menu buttons up for now until I could get the "Go" menu buttons to work.

Terri

Comment

Since my origional inspirational web site is going to get much larger than I thought, I need to use the "Go" menu as a way of navigating through the site. When I tried to use it and name the pages, it didn't work. I'm so confused. I named the pages and did the URL for the pages for the "Go" menu the EXACT SAME WAY as I did when I created the fixed menu buttons. Should I do the naming and URL of these pages differently for the "Go" menu than I did for the fixed menu bar on my origional site?

www.terrilynnspencer.com

I really need help with my "Go" menu and getting my origional pages fixed for that type of menu AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so I can create more web pages for this same site and add those to the "Go" menu too and I can just deleate my fixed menu bar buttons from the site.

Terri

Comment

I just checked my "Go" menu and I found out that all of my links for the other pages for my origional site (www.terrilynnspencer.com) work except the Stories 1 link. I typed that link in the same way I did when I typed it for the origional fixed menu so I don't know why the "Stories page 1" link will not work when the others on the "Go" button drop down menu will work.

Terri

Comment

Well since all of the origional fixed menu bars work and just one of the "Go" drop down menu links doesn't work "Stories 1" and I don't know how to fix that one, I'll just keep the home or index page for this origional site like it is and when I add pages to this origional www.terrilynnspencer site, I'll just use the "Go" drop down menu to add more links.

By the way, when I origionally tried over and over again to make the index page for the hydrocephalus site work, it erased or overrided my origional index or home page for my origional www.terrilynnspencer.com Inspirational site. I knew this would happen. Now I don't know how to get it back! PLEASE HELP!

Terri

Comment

YIKES! Now what do I do since I overrided my origional home or index page for my inspirational site and now I can't edit it by adding new "Go" links to this site. Now what do I do? Do I just create another Inspirational site? Personally, I think that would take way too much trouble, seeing as I had so much trouble creating a subdomain already for the hydrocephalus site. I couldn't do the hydrocephalus index page without overriding the origional index page for the www.terrilynnspencer.com page first because I didn't know what I was doing.

Can my origional home/index page for my Inspirational site (www.terrilynnspencer.com) be recreated or found and put back so I can edit it or is that impossible now?

Terri

Comment

Hi Terri

Take time out to read all the tutorials over and over again if you have to ...thats how we all started...it takes time but you will get there in the end, the best way to get to know how to use BV web builder is to play around with it first get to know all the features...then it will be easier to understand when it comes to building your website...click on the link below

http://www.vodahost.com/tut1.htm
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hi Terri,
                  Your GO menu for Stories1 does not work because you have left out the dot com bit in your link,
                  The link reads http://www.terrilynnspencer/Stories1.html and should be
                  http://www.terrilynnspencer.com/Stories1.html, the same as the buttons.
                  No worries. We have all done this, and all of us have blamed something else, because we have checked intil the cows come home. A new set of eyes can sometimes see the problem right away.
                  (Please have a look at changing the text colour for your buttons in mouseover mode.)
                  Regards
                  Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                  www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Well now because of my working on my hydrocephalus web site and trying to get the "index" page for the subdomain to read "index" for that site, I accidently did an override on my Inspirational Index page and now I can't get it back to work on it as far as editing it and making changes to it at all. Is there any way to undo an override or is that impossible? I'm so dumb at this, I'm thinking of giving up building web pages/sites completely.

Someone said to watch the tuitorial videos over and over again. I have, yet I still must be making mistakes I can't see and/or can't correct such as this override problem I have with my index page on my Inspirations site. If I could get that fixed to where I can change the mistake in Stories 1, I would just deleate the menu buttons altogether and just use the "go" drop down menu because I was planning on adding additional inspirational pages to that site anyway. Now I can't even do that unless the override problem can be fixed... if not, any editing changes can't be done and it is a "lost cause."

By the way, I'm severely dyslexic and just watching something over and over again isn't going to help much because I'm a hands on auditory learner. They need to also have sound with these tuitorials for people with learning disabilities who have trouble with visual learning. I just feel so dumb and worthless that I'm thinking maybe I should just give up trying to create web pages and web sites completely.

If the override problem isn't fixable so I can edit the home/index page of my inspirational site, I can't edit it or fix it anyway.

Terri

Comment

Working...
                    X