• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leeza
    First Lieutenant

• May 2006

I am confused.

I built (well it needs tweaking) my first page. I added buttons to link to other pages.

a) it appears I only have a choice of several button appearances (normal and mouse over, whatever that means.)

b) once I have entered the URL for the buttons, which should direct to the corresponding pages, what do I do? Build a second page and put the same buttons on that, and all other pages?

This linking business has me going mad. Please help.

Thanks!
    Lisa
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: I am confused.

Originally posted by Leeza
    I built (well it needs tweaking) my first page. I added buttons to link to other pages.
    What is your URL or website name ?

a) it appears I only have a choice of several button appearances (normal and mouse over, whatever that means.)
    For the NavBar you have many choices, when you right click Properties click Styles, under Image you can change or select the one you like. The mouseover is how it will look when a user rolls the mouse over the NavBar. If you don't like a mouseover choose the same image. You can also write in text to show a different message.

b) once I have entered the URL for the buttons, which should direct to the corresponding pages, what do I do? Build a second page and put the same buttons on that, and all other pages?
    Yep, although you don't need the same buttons, you can tailor them to your interests. A good idea is to clone your page (BV menu under File > New Page). Save and publish your second page.

This linking business has me going mad. Please help.

Thanks!
    Lisa
    This might help.
    Also, did you go back and see the tutorials again?

Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Leeza
      First Lieutenant

• May 2006

Sorry took so long to reply, had to go out of town. I still don't get this. I've looked thru tutorials and it says how to hyperlink pages. Am I looking at the wrong tutorial? I want to be on my home page and hit a button that will direct me to the 2nd page, 3rd page, etc.

I feel dumb but really need help here.

Thanks!
      Leeza

ALso, my website is purchased. It is www.colourtherapyspa.com. I guess it's not automatically published because I can't seem to pull it up, and I don't get how to do this, either. Altho I should publish it until I have it complete, I don't think!

And I looked in the Nav Bar for "styles" and there is no such option. Just menubar, standard tools, html tools, etc....

And in the nav bar under styles, I just see "bold, italic, etc. not different styles of menubars. Below that, where it says "images" is where I only see a couple choices of menubars to use.

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

No problem Leeza, we can help.
        -what version of BV are you using ? 8.0.1 is latest
        -in the NavBar Styles you should be able to scroll down to see more than a couple of menu bars. There are almost 100. Use the arrow key to see them all.
        -you can publish your page. Save it as index exactly no upper case (CAPS) and no extensions. Then publish it so we can see it.

After this we will work on the links.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Leeza
          First Lieutenant

• May 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
          No problem Leeza, we can help.
          -what version of BV are you using ? 8.0.1 is latest
          -in the NavBar Styles you should be able to scroll down to see more than a couple of menu bars. There are almost 100. Use the arrow key to see them all.
          -you can publish your page. Save it as index exactly no upper case (CAPS) and no extensions. Then publish it so we can see it.

After this we will work on the links.
          HOW DO I PUBLISH IT? I feel so dumb.

Comment

• Leeza
            First Lieutenant

• May 2006

Originally posted by Leeza
            HOW DO I PUBLISH IT? I feel so dumb.
            and I think I have 8.01....not sure on this, either.

I DID find the area to scroll down to get all the other bars...is there any way to widen them just a touch to accomodate lettering?

Bill, can I find you tomorrow to help me? I am here EST after 12:30 pm. I sure appreciate your help!

Comment

• bill2006
              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Sure thing.
              There is a way to make the bars longer, but you would have to do it with another program, like Paint.
              To publish, use the button on the BV menu bar that looks like several pages or File>Publish.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• navaldesign
                General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

You can also simply do it in PIXResizer, the free resizing software available from VodaHost at http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm. Load the button image. Say it's 100x20 and you want it a bit larger? Just make it f.e. 120x20 and save it unser a new name, f.e. 0button. Placing the 0 infront will place this button in the first position in the BV button library. Have a look at this thread: Custom Buttons for Nav Bar There you will also find out where these button images are stored in your computer.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Marincky
                  General

• Apr 2006

Leeza... don't panick you will get there. I have emailed you at your yahoo messenger address, if you can't get that email send me one and I'll reply. Don't worry...help is on hand ; - )
                  Ramsey
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                  X