My solution to Error Message "Failed to Open Document"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solution to Error Message "Failed to Open Document"

For no apparent reason, all of a sudden I could not open BV. The error message read "Failed to Open Document". I rebooted, nothing. I turned my computer off, nothing. Panic is setting in. I ran a registry fix, rebooted, once again nothing. Read suggestions in the forum. Uninstalled BV through Control Panel, nothing. More panic. It is now 2:00am and I am dreaming about BV and how to fix it.

Fortunately, my husband has a computer and I had a not-to-old backup, so I rebuilt BV on his until I could figure out what was happening to mine.

My Final Answer for my computer- I uninstalled everything BV, reinstalled BV( this time it worked) rebooted, reran Registry Fix www.registryfix.com), rebooted, restored my backup copies, (which were a about a week old) and MAGIC - BV OPENED.

Now I backup every time I make any changes. I am not taking any chances.

I have to thank David Alicia for all his help, NavDesign for his registry fix suggestion and link, and everyone on the forum who came before me with this problem. This is my chance to pay it forward.

My quote today is - "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Andrea

Re: My solution to Error Message "Failed to Open Document"

Hi Andrea, glad that everything is back.....how is the contact form ?
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Wonderful! I told you, you are a Prince among men!!!

Interview went great, got over my nerves and I could do it again, no problem. Could not have done it without you! THANK YOU, AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Comment

Do as many interviews as you can, because if it saves just 1 more child then its well worth while......and thats the reason why I helped you, so no need for thanks....but appreciated none the less.

regards to your family
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

sorry you had to go through pain as much as me,i spent 2 days pulling my hair out after bluevoda crashed.i ran anti virus /registry wizard 2007 to no avail ,uninstalled and reinstalled,even used a download manager,and still it would only open when i hit "run as" but this function limited the use.so i thought id check this forum out and im glad i did ,i read your solution and gave it a thought that my registry wiz is junk. so i purchesed the one you did and im now trying to put all my hair back. i made back ups so its great to be back in controll thank to the tip on registryfix v6.1

Comment

I am glad I could be of help. I set up Registry Fix to run once a week and I have not had a problem since (my fingers are crossed, and I am knocking wood). I am not taking any chances

Comment

Working...
            X