• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrlloyd
    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

technologically challenged

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum. I am having trouble finding my site after publishing. I tried the temporary URL, and found the home page, but my domain name does not work. Even when I found the home page, none of my links worked. I am getting frustrated - can anyone help?
  • mrlloyd
    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

technologically challenged

I forgot to properly identify my site. The domain name is amazinggracefellowship.info. IP address is 74.52.61.194. Thanks!

Comment

• bill2006
      Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: technologically challenged

www.amazinggracefellowship.info does not load.

Did you save as index?
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• mrlloyd
        Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Yes, it is saved as index.

Comment

• mrlloyd
          Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Is anyone out there?

Comment

• mrlloyd
            Sergeant

• Jul 2006

I have done everything I can think of to get my site to load correctly - I've even published several times, but no luck. The temporary UR is not even working. Please help!

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Temp URL is only for you to publish your pages or upload files. Your domain will become available to public as soon as the DNS propagation (updating the worlwide databases with your domain URL) is complete. This procedure takes from 24 - 72 hours. I'm sorry, but you simply have to wait. It does not depend on VodaHost. However, you should be able to view your index page by typing in IE's address bar your temporary URL. Please post it here so we can have a look. And i mean the FULL temporary url. not only the IP address you have in your post, as it has been sent to you in your welcome mail.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mrlloyd
                Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thank you - here is the full temporary URL: http://74.52.61.194/~amazpinf/

Comment

• circuspet.com
                  Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

mrlloyd:

On the top tool bar next to the publish button is a preview button. If your page dosen't preview best look for a typo, no caps in page names all lower case in html addresses and make sure the dots aren't commas ect.
                  Every thing must be perfect.

It took me so long to write this navaldesign has already answered. ( IT wizz )

Comment

• mrlloyd
                    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thanks - I tried the preview and my home page came up, but none of the links work. All of my pages ahve been published and I have triple-checked all of the links on all of the pages. Is that bad, or do I jut ahve to wait until the DNS is up?

Comment

• mrlloyd
                      Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Also, the clarity of the graphics is really bad in the preview. The pictures are all blury - they look great in the wbsite builder program - will this go away when it goes online, or did I mess something up?

Comment

• navaldesign
                        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Your pages are not yet available because DNS propagation for your domain is not complete. That's why links between pages will not work either. To see the rest of your published pages, you have to use yout temp URL. Click on:

http://74.52.61.194/~amazpinf/aboutagf.html and http://74.52.61.194/~amazpinf/ourstaff.html

The pictures are not that bad, and they load fast. If you want better quality, you must increase the picture resolution, taking into account that this will also increase the file size and loading time.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• circuspet.com
                          Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

mrlloyd:

Thanks to Navals link I was able to check all your http addresses with the mouse over and every thing looks good. Unfortunatly you now need to do the hardest thing..........wait Index looks good and very organized I personally don't like wide pages that need to be side scrolled, but thats a personal choice.

Comment

• bill2006
                            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Once you have your domain give some serious thought to Circus' recommendation - horizontal scrolls drive a lot of users nuts !
                            Also, it seems that having the same color on the scroll bars as on the background is confusing. Maybe a neutral tone will make yr page standout more.
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• mrlloyd
                              Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Navaldesign, Bill, and Circuspet:
                              Thank you so much for your help - you guys are great! I guess I'll just have to wait now - Patience is not one of my virtues, but if that's the only major problem, I'm happy. Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                              X