Inserting an Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting an Animation

Hello everyone!!!!!! I`m new to Voda. and am looking forward to using it to make and develope a website.
    My first stumbling block is that I can`t seem to find out how to insert an animated flag. Im sure there will be more but if anyone could help me in the first instance I would be very greatfull.
    In anticipation,
    Wineprovider

Re: Inserting an Animation

It should be an animated gif- correct? If so- simply use the image icon to locate it on your computer and double click on it and then place it where you wish.

Treat it as any other picture.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forum

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy.

I`ve tried what you suggested and it`s the same as I`ve attempted myself.
      However it appears as a still.
      I`ve saved it as a GIF so I`m clueless now.
      Thanks again,
      Wineprovider

Comment

Welcome wineprovider,
        what's your website and we'll look at what you are trying to do.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

If you try to resize an animated GIF, your image will "freeze" at the first frame.....resizing can only be done within the original construct.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I`ve only just started assebling it.
            I haven`t resized anything and it`s not been submitted.
            Can you tell me how to show you?
            Thanks all you are teriffic.
            Martyn

Comment

Please find GIF attached.
              Thanks again,
              Wineprovider
              Attached Files

Comment

If it's not "assembled" then isn't it reasonable that it presents as a "still"?

(Not trying to sound sarcastic, but I don't even know how you could even email it to demonstrate what is going on if it is not complete....you can try, I guess, using link herein)

Comment

Hang in there....I'm trying to open Outlook for the 11th time....Solar flares making things difficult....(and I had been avoiding email so far this morning too! LOL)

USE THE LINK IN EARLIER POST....my others are still being reset due to migration of sites....

Comment

Vassili is correct. This is not an animated GIF. Look how this one looks like:

Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Mine looks the same as yours navaldesign when it opens;fluttering away so WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Comment

Got your email...(the B&W version)....it works fine.....

**Actions will not present properly within BV, nor in Preview all the time, and only upon publishing will you see them universally. Is this what you are dealing with?

>>> Go ahead and colorize it, Martyn, then simply publish it to see how it will be...if necessary, it is not a big deal to remove it and reconfigure if needed.
                        Insert it as a Picture in BV....relax.

Comment

Ok thanks everyone. The flag has no colour it`s the flag of St.Piran.
                          Please can you explain BV?
                          I`m still suprised that I can`t view it as it should be (flying)! However I shall continue to assemble the site and publish when I`m satisfied it`s up to standard.
                          Your a great bunch,
                          Thanks again,
                          Wineprovider

Comment

Thie above is not correct. The animated gif should be animated also in preview. However, the one that you have uploaded here is jpeg, although i think it is only how you have uploaded it.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval!!! How do you suggest that I save it so that it flies in prview. However I`ve just checked the properties and it`s a GIF.
                              Thanks again,
                              Wineprovider

Comment

Working...
                              X