Inserting an Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inserting an Animation

Please watch your gif in Windows explorer. If it is animated there, it should also be animated in BV's preview. If not, there is something wrong with your file. If so, use myform to upload the file and i'll have a look at it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks everybody.............I`ve tried everything that you have suggested but it`s not happening.
      When I publish I hope that my flag will fly if not I`ll settle for a still.
      What I can`t understand is that 1 or 2 advisors have been able to fly my flag ; but, not me!!!!!!!!!
      God bless to you all,
      Wineprovider
      PS> Could someone help, as it was suggested that I look at the flag in windows explorer......or was supposed to be IE

Comment

Hello Wineprovider! I like that name - intriguing. I used a pair of scottish flags from another site. They remained 'still' until I published, then they fluttered nicely!! Looking forward to seeing your site! I'm a "lil' 'ole wine drinker, me". I have some wonderful quotations about wine if you'd like some.
        Lorna

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna
          Hello Wineprovider! I like that name - intriguing. I used a pair of scottish flags from another site. They remained 'still' until I published, then they fluttered nicely!! Looking forward to seeing your site! I'm a "lil' 'ole wine drinker, me". I have some wonderful quotations about wine if you'd like some.
          Lorna
          www.lornamack.com
          ^^ Nothing like keeping thread continuity! ^^

** Martyn - You've got Mail!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Patience,
            As a matter of curiosity did you save from a still ?
            Go back to the source and save without renaming, try again as recommended above.

By the way what is your URL ?
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

General Naval, Bill....

Martyn's gif works just fine, and he only has to colorize it according to what the flag "needs."

He has not been using a photo-editor/utility to view it, and that is why he cannot see the animation himself.
              (Naval, you confused him earlier when you suggested he open it in Explorer, as that will not display GIF files under attributes.) However, if he double-clicks on the gif ("as-is") wherever it was originally saved to in Windows, his default viewer should pick it up and display it properly......

If Martyn simply inserts it via BV onto a page (even temporarily), and then hits PREVIEW, he will see the GIF (in whatever state it is in) animated properly!

(Renaming is NOT necessary at this point, and might only confuse the original properties. It should be renamed after colorization, however, to avoid confusion between the versions.)

MARTYN: Double-click on your original GIF file (wherever it was saved to) and tell us if your default photo viewer starts and displays the image with animation.....then please simply import/insert it via BV onto a page, and hit preview....tell us if you can see it and if it presents with action???

Thank you.

Naval: sending you a copy of the original gif so you can confirm...

Comment

I have actually published a DEMO PAGE to demonstrate that it works properly, and it is a matter only of proper utility to view...take a look, gentlemen.

Comment

Goodmorning (it's 06:45 here) Vassili.

Yes, wineprovider's gif is ok. I even built a trial page for him to see: www.navaldesign.info/Tips/cornishflag.html . he also sent me his .bvp file and it is just fine. Still, it doesn't work for him. I don't know why.
                  I correctly advised him to view it in Windows Explorer . In other words, Computer Resources, in preview mode. It will show animated gifs as animated. Of course, double clicking will do the same: it's only two more clicks an waiting for a couple of second so that the viewer opens up. As told already, he sent me both the gif and the page and they are just fine. So i can simply suppose that there is some problem on his side.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Kalimera, General!

I made one too..(did you see it?) Thanks for coming back to this...with the confusing posts, and it being left unresolved, I was hoping for an answer that would benefit Martyn and the readers of this thread!

Ευχαριστώ!

Comment

You're welcome Vassili. Answered back your email. At this point, i don't know what the problem could be. I can only suggest one more TriaL.

Martyn, right click on the Italian flag above. Save it on your computer. Then try to insert it in your BV page. Click on preview to see if it is animated.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks navaldesign, unfortunatlly it hasn`t worked.
                        Do you think here may be a problem with my download?
                        Also a message appears when I try to open my trial website which I have attached for your veiwing. This might be causing the problem.
                        Thanks all,
                        Wineprovider

Comment

I can`t see where the upload is I`ll try again to send it.

Comment

GREAT NEWS GUYS!
                            I NOW HAVE A FLYING FLAG. WHY, I DON`T KNOW,but I`d like to.
                            Next problem is I`m trying to insert a hyperlink of a tempoary email address and I can`t make that work either.
                            Thanks again everyone,
                            Martyn

Comment

How is your link made? Text, image, button?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign it was set up using the button facility on the toolbar.
                                Thanks,
                                Martyn

Comment

Working...
                                X