• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beadlady
    Corporal

• Jun 2006

I seem to have a mess

I found the FTP in bv. It seems to show all the files I have on the BV server. Is this correct? My site still is in a mess. I renamed my first page with the ".index" and in my files it shows it has also another ".bvd" extention. What have I done wrong?
    Also, when I try to re-publish, it has not changed anything. Do I need to delete everything in the FTP and start over?
    I also have been getting "File not responding" error when I try to re-publish, even though I've turned off my firewall. I'm at a loss.
    Beadlady - peacepipetrail.com
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: I seem to have a mess

Drop the period in front of index and republish using the BV Publish tool. (rename, save, re-publish if needed as index only) thus:
    "public_html/ ..."" in the Publish dialog box. ADD NOTHING.

(Whenever you use the BlueFTP tool, it will show the current content of your website, including file extensions. Remember, BV automatically adds the proper extensions for you, and you should not alter them via your FTP tool....this tool is meant to upload folders and very large files only, not to poke around with or publish your BV pages with!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• allstarfaces
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

firstly you dont publish the index page as".index" it is "index" with no full stop secondly i wouldnt delete anything in the ftp file just yet try to publish your index i.e the home page first but without the full stop then see, if all else fails you acn always put in a support ticket to have the account reset but i must stress this is a last resort and will not be able to go back
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• neva
        Corporal

• Jul 2006

I hope this is the place to post - I have tried to put in a subdomain - now if I try to republish my original pages I get an error 550 message. As well as not being able to publish my subdomain pages. Got any suggestions?

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by neva
          I hope this is the place to post - I have tried to put in a subdomain - now if I try to republish my original pages I get an error 550 message. As well as not being able to publish my subdomain pages. Got any suggestions?
          Please start your own post, we will be able to assist you better.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Your subdomain pages have to be published in "public_html/subdomainname". Your main site pages in "public_html".
            Make sure you are using the correct IP address, the correct username, and type in from scratch the folder.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• neva
              Corporal

• Jul 2006

I have tried 'public_html alone and public_html/widehollowimages.com and public_html/widehollowimages.com/index.html and I still get the 550 error.

Comment

• neva
                Corporal

• Jul 2006

ok- I found it - there was a dot on the end of 'html - sorry for the trouble-

Comment

Working...
                X