X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Disappearing!

Hi Everyone,

This one is driving me Crazy...
    After I upgraded to Version 8, whenever I move graphics around in BlueVoda, they disappear and all my buttons turn black. I contacted support by e-mail and they said it was my computer. Although this is most likely true, I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix this. I redownloaded my graphics card drivers, installed an accelerator from Intel too, installed Turbo Memory. Everything was fine in Version 7, but Version 8, I have experienced a lot of trouble. Below is a list of what I have done:

Uninstalled Blue Voda - Reinstalled - several times
    Updated my graphics drivers
    scandisk
    defrag
    Run Tune-up Utilities 2006 Every Day
    FORMATTED 3 times
    Tried Ccleaner
    Cleaned out junk files
    Repaired Internet Explorer

The last time I formatted, everything worked great for 2 and a half weeks. Now I can only do 1 or 2 actions in Blue Voda and I have to shut in down and restart the program. Today...over FIFTY times!
    I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and what they may have done to fix this major problem. Like I stated before, must be my computer, but for any techie out there, here's a break-down of my operating system:

Compaq Deskpro
    Pentium III
    Windows 98SE
    IE 6 - up to date
    RAM 192
    40 Gig HD
    Intel 810E Chipset family

Anyone....Please help!

Thank You,
    Mark
    account name: webprcom
    MaineMoose

Re: Graphics Disappearing!

This is one probably for General Naval, but first thing i see is Win98 and only 192RAM.......
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Windows 98SE is no longer supported OS. By that I mean that it is not eligible for updates/patches etc..

Additionally- You have an onboard graphics card. You need to upgrade this. Actually- you need to upgrade the whole system. What you are working with is the bare minimum if not- sub minimum.

For todays graphics and programs etc... I would recommend nothing less than a 1.5 ghz processor with no less than 256 (preferably 512) ram.
      With that- I also recommend a seperate graphics card with at minimum 128mb onboard ram itself. Also- XP Home OS.

With what you have and what you are trying to do- you will have continued problems.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks, Andy!

BTW Folks....for a wonderful collection of "Tips" and "Tricks" to speed you on your way when it comes to website creation, you need only visit Andy's specially created online source library!!

Comment

Thank You Guys! Just as I expected. Now I have to find a way to get my wife to agree to a new computer before I make any money from my web site! -- Mark
          MaineMoose

Comment

Thanks Vasili and good to see ya again!

You're very welcome Mark. So how I feel I am getting you in some hot water though!!LOL.

Take care,

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Again,
              Forgive me for continueing this, but is there a way to revert back to Version 7. I didn't have any problems with that....
              BTW-- No hot water here...we're newlyweds! - -Mark
              MaineMoose

Comment

Sorry...don't think so!

You must be using a Laptop........Hmmmm.
                Some good sales going on right now.....Dells down to 699 (dual core), HP about the same....Dell desktops are still 300.....Hmmm....choices, decisions, pleadings to be made....

OR, spend $100 on RAM and get a bootlegged copy of Win2000...or buy it for under $20 on eBay...

Comment

No....I'm not using a laptop. I shoulda taken the one offered to me from a little old lady from church, but I didn't have the heart...She paid $1,200! Barely knows how to email...lol Anyway, just thought I'd ask about the older version.... On download.com, the info-box for BlueVoda says Windows-all (versions) I dunno if it's a typo, but if I knew, I would'nt have upgraded. Oh well.... Can I upload a site made with NVU or WebPlus 6 by FreeSerif ? I already have my site up-just published-not many pages yet-but willing to start over. I can't wait to use my BlueVoda again - soon, I hope! - -Mark
                  MaineMoose

Comment

Download.com, or the VH download page??

If you're using a desktop, then for the price you'd shell out for RAM and a usable version of Windows, you'd be better off buying a new Dell with XP (and a flat screen) for $300-600 and having something you can crank miracles off of for the next few years....just be SURE you specify you need at least 640 RAM.....the new puters seem to all be coming with 1g installed RAM

Comment

Hi Vasili,

I saw it on Download.com...anyway, I'll be looking for a new 'puter soon. I want to thank you again. I'm off to la-la land..it's 1:30 a.m. I'm done fer the night.

Keep the Faith,
                      Mark
                      MaineMoose

Comment

You might also find some good deals at www.tigerdirect.com
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ahhh!
                          You can find awesome deals (including Tiger) AND patronize a fellow VodaHost website if you start your shopping here!

Might as well, right???

Comment

Yours Vasili? Bookmarked.
                            I checked out the Mini Mac at the ***** store and was impressed.
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

(Yes....I'm not usually self-promoting, but I suppose there are times I should loosen up! Especially about MyChoiceMall.com which has something for everybody.)
                              Thanks, Bill...your expression of confidence is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X