• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sadain
    Major

• Mar 2006

Re: Live button

Originally posted by wineprovider
    IT`s fine..on the first preview it didn`t work but now it does.
    If I publish now, how easy is it to alter things as I get information required.
    very...

You'll just have to republish the page as you make changes... I constantly update

let me have a link to the site when you have it up, I'm curious to see it.

Comment

• wineprovider
      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

I`ve registered and received my welcome email with all the details.
      Could someone help me publish please,
      In anticipation and kind regards,
      Martyn

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

If you created the page in BlueVoda Save it and then click Publish. You can File> Publish or click on the Publish icon.
        This will open a new window requesting Server, User, Password and Folder. You have all these in the e-mail you received. There is an option to remember your username and password so you don't have to type them in each time.
        Click "OK" to publish. You're done.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• wineprovider
          Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Thanks for your help which I carrierd out last night.
          I`ve just checked by entering my URL and a page appears from the people (123 reg) I registered it with.
          Does this mean that Voda have not completed the publishing routine.
          Thanks again,
          Martyn

Comment

• wineprovider
            Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Re: Live button (published)

I`ve now got going live. www.winesincornwall.co.uk

Unfortunatly ther are several aspects not working.
            My flag is not showing...My tune is not playing....The contact button is showing but is not working....and a couple of test links I entered have remained as HTML.
            Can someone please Help.
            In anticipation,
            Martyn

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. Your flag is not showing because for some reason i cannot know, it is not uploaded on your site or it is not uploaded on the same folder.
              2. Your tune is not playiing: it also seems not to be there.
              3. The link for your contact button is wrong: you have used a form Submit button. If you only want Outlook Express to open, you need to create a simple button (or put an image) and link it as "mailto: youremail@yourprovider.com"
              4. Your affiliate links result as text. How did you insert them in your page?

And, last, how did you publish your page?

Also, what is the image Map for?
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• wineprovider
                Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Thanks Navaldesign. your questions1,2,and4 have been answered by Hank.
                I must use the FTP manager to insert the Flag and Tune,and have managed to get the HTML links in.
                The only trouble I have is when I try to connect in FTP manager it won`t recognise my password. So I can`t progress untill this is resolved. It is difficult to understand as I`m copying and pasting from the welcome email.
                I published useing the publish button in BV.
                Sorry I don`t know what the image map is.
                Martyn
                PS> I must sincerely thank you for you patience in this matter it is certainly trying mine, but I will keep going untill it`s correct.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Make sure to have the correct IP address in your settings.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• wineprovider
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Yep thats what it was. I`m still stuck with the CONTACT button not working.
                    Can you help please.
                    My sincere thanks,
                    Martyn

Comment

• wineprovider
                      Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

I`ve tried to move my HTML links following the rules I pulished with but when I check they haven`t moved. I`ve also added another image which isn`t showing.
                      My sincere thanks,
                      Martyn

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I don't know what you have done, but your flag is showing ok. Regarding your button: you have used a form button, and then you have also covered it with a menu button. Only the second one ofcourse will work, on the other hand, the first one, a Submit button, is useless.
                        To make your menu button work (that is, to make it open Outlook Express with your email address already filled in), double click on it and the navigation bar properties will appear. Select it in the small window, click edit, select Link Type: mailto: , and in the URL field, after the mailto: add your email address. That's all.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• wineprovider
                          Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Thanks Navaldesign. I`ve tried to delete this button completely but have`nt managed to do it.I`ve also tried to move the links and insert another image and place another new link but I`m at the end of the line now and am beginning to wish I hadn`t started.
                          However I`m of the nature that I will see this through but I need help to do it.
                          Can you access my BV builder site and see what Ive done wrong.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I need your loggin info to do that. However,please xplain, so i can come back with precise instructions: You want a button that when clicked will open the visitor's Outllok Express with your email adress filled in ?
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• wineprovider
                              Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

What I want is for when pressed to reveal a form in Microsoft Outlook with an email address either a new one connected to Wines in Cornwall (martn@winesncornwall.co.uk) wouldbe good or a seldom used one I have which is wineprovider@O2.co.uk if this is possible get back to me and you can have my login details.

The other issues I had I have now cleared up. For information puposes the changes I was trying to make where not being saved in "index" and I was pubishing the same page all the time.Hopefully this will help someone else.
                              Martyn
                              Last edited by wineprovider; 07-29-2006, 05:51 PM. Reason: intrupted

Comment

• wineprovider
                                Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2006

Can someone help me with this last problem please.
                                I`ve tried myself but can`t do it. This button is holding up progress and once done I will be able to make eveything look so much better.
                                Thanks for evrything you`ve helped with so far,
                                Martyn

Comment

Working...
                                X