Photoshop to BV question (tips?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photoshop to BV question (tips?)

Seems to me you overcomplicate the process, Kiddo!
    You should see the answers in the other thread (BV Forum) regarding JPG or GIF that are a reply to your input as well........
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

So, what is your point Vasili?? Do you have a solution for the jagged edge problem, or are you just trying to give me a hard time this morning? LOL
      still working on website!

Comment

No, Sweetie!
        I get a little overwhelmed with all the nuances of putting myself in the mind of others, really trying to word a reply that will immediately understood and still be to the point, you know? I am soooo backlogged in everything that when I read & learn new perspectives it makes me feel that there is just that much more to do, adding to the feeling that I am way behind on schedule as it is......(I am really trying to keep things as simple as possible, but the more you become capable, the more intricate details becomes also. I just can't win...)

>> And, if you tweak out your pictures, shapes, and graphics to your liking, and then reduce them significantly in size to the desired dimensions, most of the time everything becomes crisper and cleaner. That's why I suggest making fonts much larger than needed before converting them to images, for example! It is especially true in BV when working with shapes, necessitating the use of a 2pt border to help define the edge.....
        Since JPG's are "cleaner" the GIF's, you might try reformatting, or even adding a neutral border to define the edges.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

AHHHH Vasili! No worries! I was just pulling ur leg a bit....(that's what LOL means!!!) sorry about that....i should have been more obvious that I was joking around with you. Your feedback is much appreciated! I know what you mean about trying to reply to threads...many times people read a message completely differently than I intended....heck, sometimes even I"M not sure what I meant!!!! LOL Besides that, I can go back and re read a thread a few days later and get an entirely different meaning from it! Go figure!!!

Now, regarding the images....just fyi for anyone else out there with similar problems....i'm almost CERTAIN it is the TRANSPARENCY issue and the fact that my illustrations are just too fine-lined for the pixels to lay on the pages smoothly. That's ok.....it just means extra work putting a matching background (matching the page color) behind the image and THEN saving as a NON trasparent gif (jpegs looked awful) to give the "cutout" illusion. I sure do miss my .pngs!!

Oh what a difference a few days of experimenting makes!
          still working on website!

Comment

Working...
          X