Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Need help with language support

To Vodahost,

We have successfully displayed the chinese characters on the webpage...however, the buttons are gibberish. How do we program the buttons to display the chinese character set?

Any other suggestions, tips, guidance whatever will be appreciated. Please answer in a format as though we know nothing at all, as we dont. So, step by step would be much appreciated! Thanks much....

Regards,
    Rob

Re: Still Need help with language support

Rob, my best advice is to do the characters in photoshop and place it on your site using insert image function. If you want to link to the text make a shape with transparent color over it.
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Would help if we knew what page to look at. What is your URL?
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

No problem...the test page is www.headlandsgroup.net/chinese/chinese.html

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob

Comment

I need more than help. I think I need a miracle in trying to do my website in cyrillics (Bulgarian). I cannot get VH to recognize the type regardless of what I do. I have gone to character set in page properties: changed the code, all of that, nothing works. It types in cyrillic in the text box but immediately disappears when you click off the box. Rob, how did you get chinese characters to work? And yes, if any one knows how to fix this, please explain in as much detail as you have time to waste. I do have cyrillic fonts on my computer.

Comment

Ok, I see the gibberish.
            Someone correct me, but don't you have download the Chinese fonts to your computer. Check this out:
            http://www.chinapage.com/font/faq01.html

You may have to install either the simplified or traditional version.

Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
              Ok, I see the gibberish.
              Someone correct me, but don't you have download the Chinese fonts to your computer. Check this out:
              http://www.chinapage.com/font/faq01.html

You may have to install either the simplified or traditional version.

Got any ideas on how to make cyrillics work on a page?

Comment

Not sure if the same would help, try it. There are five Cyrllics under View>Encoding>More.

Navaldesigns would certainly know.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Not sure that i can help, but i have already tried the following and it has worked for me.

Windows, Control Panel, Local Settings, Languages, Details, Add and add the Azerian (Cyrilik). At this point you have the Cyrilik character set installed on your computer and you can go on with the correct encoding in BV
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

naval,

Thanks for the help but I have cyrillic fonts on my computer now...adding the azeri doesnt' change anything. The fonts display but will not stay on page. Still trying to solve this...

Comment

Working...
                    X