• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rajkan
    Private

• May 2006

I need help

I have now published my wesite, www.fascialand.co.uk. The problem that I'm having is when I open my website, depending which of my pc's I'm on, the page doesn't seem to centralise in the browser. On my laptop, I have to use the scrollbar on the bottom to see the full width of my page, and on my pc I have to use the scrollbar as well, but not as much. Is it because the screen settings are different. Is there a setting within BV to resolve this problem I'm having. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Marc Sanders
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Re: I need help

yowzers...

Page size is too large.
    Most pages are viewed 800x600 or there abouts.

Best to right mouse click on a blank bit of the page in the web designer and set the page size to 800 wide - then move your design within this..

Dont worry about the length too much - don't think people mind scrolling down so much.

Also in here you can tick a box to centralise in the browser (This also helps...)

Hope this works for you?!?
    Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
    Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

• zigzag
      Captain

• Apr 2006

Hi,
      Your page width is a bit wide, at somewhere in the region of 1200 pixels. The problem with this, is exactly what you are experiencing - the sideways scroll.
      Somehow scrolling from left to right is irritating, but scrolling up and down is ok.
      The reason why I say your page is too wide is that the most popular screen resolution width used is 1024 (60%). There are still some with a resolution set at 800x600 (20%). <Thanks to Bethers for these stats>
      So, please reduce your page width. You can safely reduce your font size in the body, and reduce the picture sizes, without losing any impact.
      Your site is direct and straight to the point. It is well laid out and leaves no doubt as to what you are offering. Good.
      Before you publish any page, get in the habit of going to page properties and checking the page width. The reason is that if you drop a new item on the page, the page width, may automatically be resized, if the new item falls outside the existing page border. The 'center in browser' tick box is on the same properties page.
      There is no option in BV to adjust the page size to fit a viewers screen resolution.
      Regards, and a good job
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

• FPRob
        Colonel

• Aug 2006

Hi, total agreement with the others, The code below might not mean much but your page width is 1150px .. I also recommend 800px

Code:
        div#container
        {
           width: 1150px;
           position: relative;
           margin-top: 0px;
           margin-left: auto;
           margin-right: auto;
           text-align: left;
        }

FPRULES

Comment

• rajkan
          Private

• May 2006

If I set my page width to 800, what will happen if someone visits my site and there resolution is set to 1024

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

It will be centered in his screen.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X