Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program quits... a computer problem here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program quits... a computer problem here.

Hello all,
    I have a site up and running pretty good, and then my BlueVoda program quit working due to some problem in my computer. I can't seem to locate the problem, and what I need to know is this:
    The normal download of the VodaHost installation file seems to require the use of the internet download manager.
    Now that I have a copy of the download zip of the install file, I need to know if that file should install, when and if I get the problem fixed? Or do I have to go through the IDM each time in order to get it to work.
    I've been through the procedures for deleting everything and reinstalling, and it just doesn't work (again, my computer problem).

So can someone tell me that the install file I currently have saved should be sufficient for a correct install?

I'm currently having to use front page, then ftp changes to the site via the ftp program.

Thanks

http://behindthetruth.info

Re: Program quits... a computer problem here.

Hey, Rob!

Try downloading it straight from the server (bypass the ZIP file....):
    http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1

You don't need to mish-mosh your way through re-installation: BV will overwrite itself, not your files or pages.

Try it now, and tell me what happened.

PS: BV and VH protocols do not support use of a "forgeign" FTP tool. You should always use the BlueFTP Tool in BV under 'TOOLS", or the FTP Manager in your VH cP.
    NEVER use anything but PUBLISH function in BV to publish a BV created website.
    (FTP is only for very large, scipt, or .txt file posting anyway, so let it be.)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,
      I tried it, and it downloaded the zip file. I did the install again, and still get the message "file will not load." I've pretty well determined it is a computer problem at this end. I'm sure that all the BV downloads are fine, I just wanted someone to confirm it.
      Anyway, that's a new link, and I'm glad to have it.

Thanks
      Bob

ps. I am using the vodahost ftp program. That still works fine.

Comment

You can't unzip and run the install?

Comment

I have no problem unzipping it, or installing it. The install goes perfect. It's only when I try to run the program that it says "file will not load."
          It is interesting that everything else on my computer works great. This program used to work, but has quit twice, and this second time, I can't get it corrected. I do know I have a computer problem of some kind, just don't know what.

Bob

Comment

Make sure you install to the right directory: My Documents is default.
            And, COPY TO the zip folder to another location just to preserve a "clean" download.
            I'm no techie, but I often take the smallest things for granted, and invariably it gets me grinding my teeth.

I'd submit a ticket....probably get a quick answer/solution/utility tonight....kinda slow.

Comment

Well, I did submit a ticket on the fact the the program quit some time ago. Got a good answer, and followed it. It should have worked too, but didn't. I did a restore to a previous time before the program quit, and it started working again. Then about a week later, it quit again, and I just can't get it going again. My main concern was that I was getting a good download (for sure). You did say one thing which got my attention though. You said to be sure to install to the right directory. My install files installs it into program files. Is it supposed to go somewhere else? If so, maybe that is part of the problem...

Comment

You ARE running Windows 2000 or better, right?
                I dunno....my brain is fried tonight. I've gotten probably 12 hours sleep so far this whole week. I have to go now....sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                  You ARE running Windows 2000 or better, right?
                  I dunno....my brain is fried tonight. I've gotten probably 12 hours sleep so far this whole week. I have to go now....sorry.
                  Thanks Vasili,
                  Get some sleep. Thanks for your help. I'm running xp home version, with sp2.

Thanks again.

Bob

Comment

Ok...you are having a registry conflict of some type...Click the below

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                      Ok...you are having a registry conflict of some type...Click the below

http://www.registryfix.com/
                      Got the program down for $37.00, and fixed 1117 registry problems, but after going through the delete program, reboot, install program, reboot, it still don't work. It just says "Failed to open Document."

Thanks.

Comment

Can you open BV in safe mode?

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Additionally- once every few months it is a good practice to run sfc scannow. Here is a link that shows step by step how to do it;
                          http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Basically- what this does is checks your windows OS and makes sure it has all the original files needed to properly operate. Often files become corrupt or may even be written over. This process restores them.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Does the install of BV complete OK?
                            Does it say "file will not load" when you try and open BV, or only when you try and open an existing dot bvp file?
                            Can you open a new blank page?
                            Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                            www.harrow.co.za

Comment

When did this problem occur? if it is only some days ago and you haven't got any major software installations in the mean time, try simply restoring your computer to the settings you had f.e. 15 days ago. In most cases, this fixes the problem. Please not hat after you have run Registry fix, you might need to go back by even 30 - 60 days in restoring your system.
                              Navaldesign
                              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                              X