• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aconstas1
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Mar 2007

phpMyAdmin problem

Im installing a web calendar that is php based and requires MySQL database.

During the installation instructions it says to create the database through phpMyAdmin. Here is the instruction:

"On the initial phpMyAdmin page, under the "MySQL" heading, the first option should be "Create new database." Enter the name you have chosen for the database and press the "Create" button. (The default database name used by WebCalendar is "intranet".) After pressing the "Create" button, it should say: "Database <your database name here> has been created.""

When I go into phpMyAdmin there is no create button. I see the following: Create new database:
    No Privileges

but this is not a link or button.
    I created the database through the MySQL Account maintenance instead and added a user there.

The next step is creating tables for the calendar database in phpMyAdmin here are the instructions:
    1. Click on the "Databases" tab at the top of the page.
    2. From the list of databases on the page, click on the name of the database that you created.
    3. Click on the "SQL" tab at the top of the page.
    4. At the bottom of the page, there is an area to upload a SQL file. Click on the "Browse" button and select the tables-mysql.sql file in the WebCalendar toplevel directory. Then, press the "Go" button.
    5. The top of the page should say "Your SQL-query has been executed successfully."
    6. You have now finished creating the WebCalendar database tables.
    After I create the database and add the user, phpMyAdmin does list the database. I select it and click the SQL tab at the top however, the page it takes me to has a Run SQL query/queries on database box with a text box and a go button. There is no Browse so that i can upload the table files.

There is another tab that allows me to Create new table on database. It asks me for name and number of fields, but I don't know these.

Can someone guide me to how i can upload the sql file on my pc to create the correct database tables?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Best Regards,
    Alex
    Surveillance Systems
    Restaurant POS | Retail POS
    Free WoW Gold Guide
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: phpMyAdmin problem

Click the import tab rather than the sql tab.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
    X