Private

• Apr 2007

registration database

can someone plz help me find one for a RPG website
  • Mook25
    Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Re: registration database

are you looking for front end intergration or backend or both and what functionality are you looking for it to have. Before anyone can help, i think we'll need a little more information about what you're wanting first.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• prodigy
      Private First Class

• Apr 2007

hi im a webmaster along with unown123

this is the code we uploaded to our site:
      <html>
      <body>

<form action="">
      Username:
      <input type="text" name="firstname">
      <br>
      Email:
      <input type="text" email="email address">
      <br>
      Password:
      <input type="text" password="password">
      <br>
      Repeat Password:
      <input type="text" password="password">
      <br>
      Choose Gender?
      <br>
      <form>
      <input type="radio" name="sex" value="male"> Male
      <br>
      <input type="radio" name="sex" value="female"> Female
      </form>

</body>
      </html>
      unown123 did this in notepad, saved it as registration database.html

then he uploaded it to our site's file manager
      but it doesnt show up on our site

were planinng to make a site where u can walk around with a click of a button and an rpg experience
      along with ur inventory database, and so on

is that good?

p.s. we use byethost

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The code is ok for displaying a form with the fields you have in there. BUT, there is no submit button, to activate (submit). What is that form supposed to do ? Also, there is no action, SO YOU CAN DO NOTHING WITH THE VALUES YOU TYPE IN THE FIELDS.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• prodigy
          Private First Class

• Apr 2007

well we want to make an rpg, which ppl can sign up go on maps, challenge other players, walk through maps with click of buttons battle monsters, etc

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What i did was to examine the form code as you have posted it. As it is, it does nothing.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• prodigy
              Private First Class

• Apr 2007

i know, i need help editing it to make it do that

Comment

• Andy128
                Major General

• Dec 2005

prodigy-

What you are asking for is a custom script to interact with your site. It will register people who want to sign up, send them a welcome letter with a confirmation link, store all the users info in a database and then give them access to portions of your site- That is a very detailed process requiring an extensive knowledge of php and or Java script. To accomplish this you would have to hire someone to write that script for you.

You could do a google search and find a registration script, but again you would need the knowledge to modify it to suit your particular needs.

Naval (above), Watdaflip and David offer such services.

Please keep in mind that it is not an unwillingness to help you with your question, but that the magnatude of what it would take to accomplish is beyond the scope of this forum as a volunteer community of BV users trying to help and give simple advice.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• prodigy
                  Private First Class

• Apr 2007

thnx for this, i know its pretty dumb trying to accomplish this when i have no experience at all, i think ill change from html to flash

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

What you are asking for, cannot be accomplished in Flash. It requires database manipulation and management, so it is only feasible using php/MySQL in combination with html for the visual part.

Have a look here where you can see an example of a login script
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• Watdaflip
                      Major General

• Sep 2005

Well you could use flash but it would be 50x more complicated then using php alone.

Register/Login Script
                      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• prodigy
                        Private First Class

• Apr 2007

wow, i have no idea wat those scripts, are if anyone would please want to help and i mean please contact me at:
                        trinfamouz********.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I think that if you don't have any php knowledge, it will be very hard for you to create such a script.
                          On the other hand, it is difficult to guide you through setting up such a script, as it is a compliceted and long process(many separate files, scripts, etc).

You might want to have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php as well as

Watdaflip (see post above) also provides php scripting.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• prodigy
                            Private First Class

• Apr 2007

well, i quit, maybe ill try again in the near future. for now i need to know a layout switcher

i only have index.html in my site
                            someone said something of ccs
                            how do u create this?

Comment

• Mook25
                              Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

If you're talking about CSS (cascading style sheet) then this is used for positioning of items on your page amongst other things but it also controls things like font color, allignment, padding and so on.

Try here for some more information
                              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
                              X