Coonecting to MYSQL on Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coonecting to MYSQL on Voda

I am looking at a database builder called Navicat, building the data basis is done in a live enviroment, but i can not connect to MYSQL using the Voda IP address or the host and idea how ?
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Coonecting to MYSQL on Voda

I am sure Navaldesign will be along to help soon.
    (Especially with a software name like this) lol
    If you have still got time? Pop his name or the software name in the heading to attract his attention. But you may have been timed out by now.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

Most likely you need to allow your IP in the Access Host. Go into cPanel, click the MySQL icon, and scroll down to the bottom of that page. There is a field for you to enter an IP address into, enter your IP address there

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Could also be something like (in my case) "host53-212.pool80117.interbusiness.it" .

Please note that if you have a dynamically changing IP address and/or host, you will need to repeat the same procedure every time you disconnect.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

I was just helping Holly with an issue like this, and ours was the PORT number was needed for a direct connect or bridge to the live database, and we couldnt get it done. And we used the HOST ip as well too, or her computers ip. Didnt think of the base string that Naval suggested tho. I did note tho, on one account i have mysql version 4, and on the other account i have version 5.. so maybe we need updates.. :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Karen,

VH updates MySQL from time to time, as well as php (you will see that php on some servers is version 4 whilst on some others it is version 5) . However, the remote connection has nothing to do with the version of php or MySQL but with the settings of the server.

There are some softwares that use an intermediate piece of software for remote communication. Usualy a php file is installed on the server, which allows connection as localhost (as local conection within the same server) then this file (script) comunicates with desktop aplication directly.

This way you acheive the results of a remote connection without actually establishing one.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Naval..

Yes i know.. Ive installed several. 2 of my stores are installed in this manner and i create the database at the time of installation and can also populate the cart same way. This was for oscommerce, and it was an addon for populating the cart ... etc. We never could get the direct connection and im sure its the port number. The only way it would become operational and by pass this was to create a BRIDGE, and I could do it and alter the necessary files but Holly chose not to. This BRIDGE would have to be created EACH time it was used, so it tended to take away some of its automated effect. It involved installing another script as you said to establish the connection.

I think this might be an issue with DESKTOP applications, as I have no issues when im running addons..etc that actually work on the live server.
              Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X