Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you retreive Password for MySQL

I have a MySQL database for some software I'm trying to renistall
    and I have to have the password for the config file.

I have the user name, database name, but I can not find the password.

I need to use the old database becuase it has all my users and list in it.

My Question is: How do I find the password for my MySQL database.

charles

Re: How do you retreive Password for MySQL

You can't retreive it. You have to go into cPanel, delete the user (Note: not the database, just the use) that is linked to the database. Then once you make a new user (with a new password that you now know), you just link it to the database

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank You

Charles

Comment

Or, if you have the old script installed in your site, try tracing the file that contains the user details. Usually would look like "config.php" or dbconnect.php" or "dbcommon.php" or something similar. Download the file on your computer, openit with Notepad (or your editor, whichever that is) and scroll the file content searching for the user details.

Please note two things:

1. Following Watdaflips advise, you can avoid deleteing the user. Simply recreate the same user, with a new password.

2. Some times, unless the installation wizard has a verification routine, installing the script from scratch will DELETE the existing database tables. In some other cases, it will deny installation. And, in some other cases, it will create a new database leaving the old as it is.

It would be wise to export your database data in csv or xls format files, so you will in any case have a back up. if anyting goes wrong (or if a new database is created, so you cannot have access to the old data) you can import this data into the new database.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i did get the script up and running....although today I will copy the database....it took over two and half years to build it up.
          small but... highly targeted.
          Thanks

charles

Comment

Working...
          X