Page not coming up in Password Protected Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page not coming up in Password Protected Directory

I have a sub-directory that I have manually setup password protection in cpanel. The login box comes up, I type in the id and password and the 1 page I have in the directory does not display properly. I have checked my links, passwords, everything I can think of, but it is still not displaying properly. Can someone have a look and tell me if it is happening to you to?
    journeyshappen.com / click on Team Login (upper right menu). Temporary id is YTBRTA and paswd is success. When it comes up, there are 3 lines of text that say function include and a box over to the right. This page has a lot of info on it normally.

Can anyone tell me what you think I need to do to correct this. I must be missing something so obvious, I know!! lol
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: Page not coming up in Password Protected Directory

Hi. When I get to the protected page I get what you said. 3 links & 2 boxes. I assume you are publishing to public_html/rta/training.
    Have you also placed the .php parts in the same directory. IE: “menu1.php”There is a way to link these php parts direct from other directories, but cant find the post by naval that explained this. Might be an area to look at if this is some of the page that is missing?.If you find the post, let me know. lol
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris...well, I've been playing with this all night! uggg I found that if I save my page as training.html, I can access it, but my .php nav menus don't come over. I've tried publishing a few different ways. My preferred way is to, public_html/journeyshappen/rta/training.php. The directory I have pass protected is rta. That didn't work, so I thought, well, maybe the directory needs to be in the root public_html. So I moved the rta directory there, changed the links in my menu...published both and still had the problem. I'm getting closer now with the html file extension, so maybe I'll try publishing the menu1.php into the rta directory and see if that helps. I've been looking in the forums to see if anyone else had this issue...but haven't found anything yet. If I get this figured out or find Navals post, I'll post again.....Thanks Chris for taking a look!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Yeah!! I think I got it to work. I did what you suggested Chris and I published the menu1.php and menu.php to the rta directory and it now seems to work properly. Could you try it and make sure it asks for the password and then that the page comes up. Thanks again....this has been driving me nuts!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I can see the entire page ok, so i suppose that you have solved it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, thank you Naval. In order for my password protected directory, which only has 1 page in it, to come up properly, I had to publish my menu's to that directory as well. Does that sound correct to you? Is there another way I could have linked the menu's with that directory/page to make it work, or did I hit the hammer on the nail! lol
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

The menus could have also been retrieved from the public_html. However, the include path in that case should be different , so the solution you did is the simplest in your case.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X