Mysql & php question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysql & php question.

Hi, I am trying to get a comments script working & I think I am stumbling at where to place this part of the script, & if it is needed. I think everything has installed ok & have created a database. But can’t seem to get it working. The comments form is at this LINK

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

CREATE TABLE `comments` (
    `commentid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `tutorialid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
    `name` text NOT NULL,
    `url` text NOT NULL,
    `comment` text NOT NULL,
    `email` text NOT NULL,
    `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    PRIMARY KEY (`commentid`),
    KEY `tutorialid` (`tutorialid`)
    )
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: Mysql & php question.

Chris, if this was PHP, it would usually be part of the installation wizard, if your script has one. It creates the necessary table "comments" with the relevant fields in the database. And, it is only run once, unless you drop the table in which case you would need to recreate them.
    Now, since i see that this is not php but directly mySQL instructions, i suppose that the script autor has provided it so you can copy / paste it directly in the phpMyAdmin query section, in order to create the tables semi-automatically.

However, you don't necessarily have to follow this method. You can create the table "comments" manually using phpMyAdmin, according to field properties described above.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George. No joy! But not to worry, I won’t go to far with this one if it’s not a simple fix. Just out of curiosity to if the tables are set up with what I done. Took an image of the page.?

Thanks for your time.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your database table seems correctly created in phpMyAdmin. If it doesn't work, there must be other issues.

MySQL will send out specific messages if the table structure doesn't correspond to what the script expects to find, so if it waere a table problem you would have known.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Strange one! Not sure what went wrong here. But thanks for looking.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Can I bulilt a login page with php or my sql? How can I create a register and login page with password, which let my website user create their own page and login to their home page? I'm really need that information. Hope anyone can help me!!! Please send a copy of your answer to my email chang5311201******.com

Comment

As a forum policy answers are provided on the forum so other users can benefir also.

Yes, you can create a login script using BV, php and MySQL (or only php / MySQL). However, a complete login script is rather complicated and from what i understand, you don't have any php / MySQL knowledge.

Have a look at this example made in BV (with php additional coding)
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X