Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

I just have this idea that I would like to possibly incorporate into my site when it is up and running. The idea would be after a user has registered, and created a profile, uploaded some pics and what not, to send out an invite to some of their friends with a link on my site. Now my question is, could i somehow have them invite their friends to view their profile and only their profile without having to register?(although I know this goes against the tricks of the trade as far as trying to get registered users) Could the user send out a temporary password/key that they could send in the invite that would have an expirey date on it like 24 hrs, 48 hrs etc. At the same time the user gets to edit the things they want the friend to see, i.e. like photos and blog, and not allowing them to view email info.

Re: Is it possible?

Yes, it can be done. As long as your script, and database structure (fields) are planned for such a feature. However, it requires coding experience.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

how much would that cost to program, like if I were to request services from like you? I understand that there is a form out there for BV hosting customers where they can make a standard sign in and register form. So how much extra would something like that cost if I were to get someone to do it for me?

Comment

First, there is no regstration / login script that is available. This is a feature of Soholaunch, the online builder that VH provides for free, but this one will not allow for the rest you are asking for. You can build whatever form in BlueVoda, however it is not the forms that are the importanr part of a membership script, it is the backend code that makes it functional. And there is no such script available for free here at VH. There are some such scripts free on the net, but you would have to edit the code and customize them in order to make them suit your site style. Als, they do NO allow for picture upload and they do NOT have a display page for the user profile.

Before we go on, let me explain how these scripts work:

1. There is a registration form. In this form the user types his details. The info is submitted and a backend script stores the data in the database, after it makes all the necessary validations
        2. The user recieves an email with an activation link. He has to click on the link. This way only users that declare their real email can register.
        3. There is a "Edit profile" page / script. There the user can add / change details, upload pics, videos, and / or other details according to the planned database structure.
        4. There are some auxiliary scripts / pages. These are for forgoten password, for error mesages atc.
        5. Then, there must be a "View Profile" page. Here the details id the member are displayed (pic, comments, some of the info etc). The most advanced scripts of this type allow also for template choice( there are standard templates, and the user can choose which one he likes better).

The part that you are asking for is a last, addon script, to include in all the above. But you have to have those before, and this is the most "difficult" and costy part.

This is not a low cost script. Making a custom one for your site would cost a considerable amount of money. However, this is not something that can be discussed on the forum. If you wish you may contact me.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X