SQL and Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL and Forms

I know the answer is somewhere in this thread, just haven't found it yet.
    Could someone tell me how you link a form on a webpage i.e. contact us to a sql database.

Thanks

Re: SQL and Forms

You need to have a script to insert the data submitted from your form to add it to the database, and then another script to display the information from the database so you can read it.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I am waiting for some scripts. I have created table in the database and have almost finished my form. Just can't work out yet where you actually insert the scripts.

Squiggle

Comment

The scripts would go on whatever page you have set for the action. The same place an email script would go you should put the script to add the info to the database.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I understand I need to place the scripts on the appropriate page, I can't work out how you do it and can't seem to find any tutorials or guides anywhere. I am an absolute beginner, with no previous SQL or PHP experience. Can you point me in the right direction.

Comment

You can VERY easily accomplish the first part, which is sending the info from the form to the database (and your email) using Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor . You don't have to do anything else than create the database and setup your form to work with ABVFP. The script will autocreate the database table and store the info automatically.

However, you will need a script capable to display the database data and manage it. And there is no tutorial about this, as it exceeds the simple site creation and this forum's limits. It requires a certain level of php (usually) knowledge and experienve. If you decide to go outsourcing, you can contact me or Watdaflip.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X