• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWS
    First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Search My site script

Added site search box at http://www.affordableweb.biz/search/search.php and I am gettting the following error message...Any Ideas how to correct?

Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/init.php on line 90
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Search My site script

If you load that page in dreamweaver it will enumerate the line numbers on the left side. I cant access your page to tell you, but it looks like you need to configure something to make that operate correctly, most likely in your config file. Where did you get the script? Did you ask them about the error?

I also got the following errors using advanced:
    Warning: file_get_contents(/home/irishnu/public_html/PHPDevel/admin/search-engine/template_all.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 12

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/irishnu/public_html/PHPDevel/admin/search-engine/template_ind.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 13

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/irishnu/public_html/PHPDevel/admin/search-engine/template_cur.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 14

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/irishnu/public_html/PHPDevel/admin/search-engine/template_ref.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 15

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/irishnu/public_html/PHPDevel/admin/search-engine/template_non.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 16

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

BTW.. (In my limited understanding of scripts, I can install them all, I just dont write them, and i edit them, when im told how to, ..) A search function usually has to call upon some database to return the search results. From the errors above it appears that you havent configured the table or database for it to GET results from. Usually on an ecommerce website, it uses the product table descriptions and keyword fields to populate the search results. Some scripts spider your pages and populate a database by word counts etc, and then uses this for its results. Somewhere you have to do some configuration to the install script to get it to do this for you. Not much help i know, but its the best I can do without knowing what you are working with.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

I also just realized your path is wrong..

/home/irishnu/public_html/search/inc_results.php on line 16
        That should be:
        /home/irishnu/public_html/yoursite/search/inc_results.php

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The path is correct. The script doesn't find the template files. Also, these paths are autocreated during script installation, the user can only change them manually, directly editing the code, and i don't believe Liam has done so (did you, Liam ?).

Now, set_time_limit is ignored and should not create a problem in the script, other than this annoying display (which could be avoided by changing the .ini file)

The other error messages are either path related (but not as Karen has suggested) or simply because these files are simply missing. However, it results very strange to me that the script can use two different folders (/search and /PHPDevel) so i can only suppose that the folder structure required by the script has not been respected.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• AWS
            First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            The path is correct. The script doesn't find the template files. Also, these paths are autocreated during script installation, the user can only change them manually, directly eding the code, and i don't believe Liam has done so (did you, Liam ?).

Now, set_time_limit is ignored and should not create a problem in the script, other than this annoying display (which could be changed by changing the .ini file)

The other error messages are either path related (but not as Karen has suggested) or simply because these files are simply missing. However, it results very strange to me that the script can use two different folders (/search and /PHPDevel) so i can only suppose that the folder structure required by the script has not been respected.

Yes, your right, I have set up the database as required and my site was sopidered for the keywords etc. but I did not follow the same folder transfer when transferring all files via ftp.

I will delete and redo later to see if this makes a difference and thank you to yourself and Karen for all your input.

This is the second script that I have got from this website and both have not installed properly and I suspect that this will not either but I will try later and post here to inform you and again thank you both for your help.

Comment

• AWS
              First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Hi Karen & Naval,

I have deleted the files and uploaded once again and also checked that I entered the database details.

I believe I have correctly edited the files that required the editing but to no avail as error messages are still there.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it something I omitted to do? or is this script incomplete?

Thanks.

Comment

• Karen Mac
                General

• Apr 2006

Well now that I look, Naval is correct, however, i was tired of looking at coding myself.

Is it giving you the same error? And the original error gave a link to some sort of ADMIN.. phpdevel/admin/searchengine.. is this template file hosted by you or elsewhere? If its elsewhere, then, you would be using the passwords to loginto and have access to their site. Can you link to this site where u got the script? or can u post the install or config script, with your info xxx out?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• AWS
                  First Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                  Well now that I look, Naval is correct, however, i was tired of looking at coding myself.

Is it giving you the same error? And the original error gave a link to some sort of ADMIN.. phpdevel/admin/searchengine.. is this template file hosted by you or elsewhere? If its elsewhere, then, you would be using the passwords to loginto and have access to their site. Can you link to this site where u got the script? or can u post the install or config script, with your info xxx out?

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my question but I have decided to delete and not use the script as this is the second script from the same source that I have had difficulty in using.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X