• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shahriar
    Private

• Aug 2007

Connecting to My SQL db.

Hi
    i'am a developer working on the website www.wordigo.co.uk, hosted by Vodahost.

The website has a guestbook where visitors can leave their comments.
    The comments are actually stored in a MySql database. Another page retrives the comments from the database and displays them.

The whole website including the two pages that communicate with the database have been designed using Dreamweaver 8.

Unitl recently everything has been working fine but now whenever i (or any 'viewer') try to access the pages that communicate with the database (ie. the guestbook pages) i get this error message:

"Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied
    for user 'wordoco_mw'@'voda8.vodahost.com' (using password: YES) in
    /home/wordoco/public_html/Connections/CommentsConnection.php on line 9

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'wordoco_mw'@'voda8.vodahost.com'
    (using password: YES) in /home/wordoco/public_html/Connections/CommentsConnection.php on line 9"

This error seems to have come up by itself because i haven't changed anything at all.

There are several rows in the database table.

Eagerly waiting for any help/suggestions.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Error when connecting to My SQL db.

don't use voda8.vodahost.com as your host... use "localhost", that should fix the connection problem. If that doesn't work try recreating the mysql user (if the password the script knows was accidentally changed, the only way to get it right again without knowing it is to remake the user)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Shahriar
      Private

• Aug 2007

Re: Error when connecting to My SQL db.

Thanks Watdaflip!!!

Just changing the value for 'Host' did the trick.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
      X