• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cosmiclove
    Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Where do I go from here?

Hi, I've installed ABVFP 2.0 on my site as instructed in the Word doc. tutorial. Now, I just don't know what to do. I wasn't even able to figure out how to test submit a form after successfully completing my installation (not very smart, i know). I logged on Cpanel, then Mysql database, i even saw the ABVFP database just created there, but how can my users find an actual form on my website when they click on REGISTER or LOG IN for example? I mean, I would like to allow my future subscribers to provide their names, address, emails, etc on my site, but i just don't know how to publish any form on my website...I am a real newbie and will appreciate any help from someone VERY patient and understanding. Please let me know how i can create these forms, and test submit them, customize them, then put them on my site. I followed the video tutorial Part 1 and part 2 for the basic forms within a page. Is it how we do that? If yes, why ABVFP, then? Thanks in advance.

herman

Client ID 18954
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Where do I go from here?

No form processor in the world can do what you ask for, form processors process the info recieved. What you are asking for is a Login script. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php

For the rest of your questions: ABVFP will process any form that you publish in your site. Of course, you need to actually create and publish a form.
    To learn how to create and publish your forms, look at BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1

To connect this form to ABVFP, set the form "action" according to the tutorial included in the ABVFP zip. It is all explained there step by step.

Why ABVFP and not the simple script in the forum tutorial ? Many reasons: ABVFP allowes for multiple choice listboxes, file uploads, it has autoresponder, automatically stores the info in the database, it allowes for custom headers and footers in the mails, it also perfoms check for spam submission. It will also allow field validation (required fields, field length, email validation, etc). Don't you think these are enough? if you had read the ABVFP thread, you would have seen all the features of ABVFP that the simple script doesn't allow for.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• cosmiclove
      Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Re: Where do I go from here?

Thanks Naval, I will try to get accustomed very well to the tutorials and ABVFP. When i get all this figured out, i will probably contact you for the login script. I will probably need it on my site. Merci.

P.S. . Where do I run the nd.admin.php? Where i can find it? I read in the ABVFP thread many people talked about it. It seems to be important but i don't remember seeing it during or after my installation.

Herman

Comment

Working...
      X