• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cosmiclove
    Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

I think I messed up my Mysql

Hi everyone,

I'm not panicking yet, hoping that my php forum database in Mysql will become normal again.

Is it possible to reset all the values of a Mysql db back to their default values?

I'm using phpbb3, and was successful in adding a mod called user_notify mod. But this mod will only affect the users who will register after my changes. Things were fine until I decided to manually alter the values of the old users, too so they could receive an email telling them someone replied to their posts. Now I get this message in my forum's ACP each time I try to access the board settings/avatar settings/post settings, etc...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/board.php:1)

I'm sure this problem result from my stupid attempts to manually modify my users' user_notify values inside mysql. I suddenly thought I was Naval Design. :(
    So, Is there a button i can click on to reset the default values? Help, please...

P.S. I made a back up of the forum before making these manual changes, I restored them but I get the same message above.

Herman
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: I think I messed up my Mysql

It isn't a MySQL error, atleast not based on the error.

Chances are its an error caused the mod you installed.
    Have you installed a language pack, or did you make changes to any language files? (Guessing based on the error).

If you aren't sure what exactly is causing it then try overriding the admin control panel with the original one from the phpbb 3 download, and then install reinstall the mod. Also I would check and make sure (if you have more then 1 mod installed), that none interfere with another (like both requiring an edit on the same line).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• cosmiclove
      Sergeant Major

• Oct 2007

Re: I think I messed up my Mysql

Have you installed a language pack, or did you make changes to any language files? (Guessing based on the error).
      Yes, there was this php file in my phpbb3 - language folder that i was asked to alter in order to install that mod. I pasted a code in it.

Well, i'm already happy to learn that Mysql is OK. How do you think i can resolve this problem? Any suggestion is welcome...Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
      X