• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio878
    Master Sergeant

• Sep 2007

PHP forum, Post/Get Action

PHP Forum Post/Get Action

Well, I found out that you can post stuff on your website by using a forum with php action, for example (Someone fills out the forum on my site then they press submit and then what they wrote is on the page its supose to be posted on). Now how would I be able to do that? I know you have to use the action in the forum but how would it be posted on another page but still always be there until the same person who wrote it changes it to something else? (The person is identified by a login ID)
    Check out:
    Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: PHP forum, Post/Get Action

I believe you mean using a form. Forms and forums are very different. The action would be a php script, which will take the data submitted from a html form and do whatever you have it do. To do something like storing what someone enters for them to change later requires the user of data files or a database. Creating a user login system would require the same thing in addition to sessions or cookies to remember they are logged in.

The easiest way to get this capability on your site is to use a ready made script (which can be found through a google search, or a script directory like hotscripts.com)

If you wanted to make your own, then a good place to get started is w3schools.com, tizag.com, and many other sites with php and database resources. But be prepared to spend several months learning programming if you do not have any existing programming experience.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X