Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP and ABVFP

Hello

when some one is typing in an text box in ABVFP the text is saved like that : aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(l ets say) in one long line (if the user didnt use Enter)

can i make it store and be saved like that (the same amount of charichters) :
    aaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaa

10x

Re: PHP and ABVFP

Most likely it isn't adding a break on new lines. I cant really give you exact instructions on where to make the change, but just call the nl2br() function on the variable with the saved text

ex.

$textbox = nl2br($data_from_database);
    echo $textbox;

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

A string that is long will be saved as a long string. This is not a ABVFP issue. If you have whitespaces between words, the text WILL be taken to a new line, if no whitespaces are used, it is intrpreted as a single string and as such is rendered. It would be unthinkable to break in arbitrary mode the strings. What if you used a wider or narrower text field? How could ever the script understand where you want the string broken ?

Unless i missed something, i don't understand what you mean.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        A string that is long will be saved as a long string. This is not a ABVFP issue. If you have whitespaces between words, the test in the text area WILL be taken to a new line, if no whitespaces are used, it is intrpreted as a single string and as such is rendered. It would be unthinkable to break in arbitrary mode the strings. What if you used a wider or narrower text field? How could ever the script understand where you want the string broken ?

Unless i missed something, i don't understand what you mean.
        Opp.. yeah disregard my post, its not going to help unless they hit enter at any point to create the new line.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

In fact, if they do use the "Enter" key to create a CR (new line) ABVFP will save it with such CR.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yeah i was (too tierd at the time) and couldnt see that NO ONE will write a message like that "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" with ouy any white space so i was breaking my head for nothing

thanks alot !!

Comment

Working...
            X