• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viliobn
    Sergeant

• Mar 2008

PHP or MySQL

Hi everyone

I’m trying to add an real estate software to my web site where is saying to copy all the files to my web host and then to use phpmyadmin or mysql interface to run admin/db.sql against the database.I’m not sure what’s that mean and what should I use PHP or MySQL.I’v got that software from http://real-estate-management-software.org/ I have created a database but don’t know what to do now.Anyone any ides???

Thanks

www.goldenchoiceproperties.com
    Overseas Investment Property
    SPA Resort Cyprus Larnaca
    Interior Painting Ideas and Painting Tips
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: PHP or MySQL

You use php and mysql, php runs the script, mysql is the database.

When you login to cpanel find phpmyadmin and click the icon. This will load phpmyadmin, find your database you made on the list to the left. Once in your database click import, and then find the file in the admin directory which is called "db.sql", import this file and it will create your database structure.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• viliobn
      Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Thanks for your advice watdaflip I’v done all this and I have my database structure now but what should I do to get that property listing appear to my web site or something else needs to be done as well?

Thanks

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

You need to upload the rest of the files that you downloaded to the server.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• viliobn
          Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Yes I upload all of them but nothing happen when I read the instruction seems to be easy but is not.Look what I’v got from that software:
          installation:
          -copy all files to your web host
          -use phpmyadmin or your mysql interface to run admin/db.sql against your database.
          -chmod 777 upload/ and upload/tmp/
          -open site.xml and edit the database section with your database details.
          -go to admin/ and login with username of admin with a password of test.
          -be sure to change the passwords for the admin and regular user.
          Setup the site.xml file with your database settings as follows.
          <database type="mysql">
          <server>database server address</server>
          <login>database login</login>
          <password>database password</password>
          <default>mysql database name</default>
          </database>
          Add this to your htaccess file to prevent viewing of the xml config file.
          <Files ~ ".xml"> Order allow,deny Deny from all Satisfy All</Files>

I have change the site.xml file but I’m not sure about database server address but the rest is done and also don’t know where to add that code cause did not see the htaccess file.
          Would you be able to give me any tips with that?

Thanks Watdaflip

Comment

• Watdaflip
            Major General

• Sep 2005

make this line
            <server>database server address</server>
            into
            <server>localhost</server>

as far as the .htaccess file, if you don't already have on in the directory, just create one with the exact name ".htaccess" and copy and paste the code in.

Register/Login Script

Comment

• viliobn
              Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Thanks again for your advice watdaflip but I still cannot get it.In the instruction is saying to go to the admin and login with username of admin with a password of test.Is that mean to go to goldenchoiceproperties.com/admin or is something to do with that phpadmin area in my cpanel?
              I tried with goldenchoiceproperties.com/admin and I’m getting an error in line 3.Also do I need to copy all the tables of the myphpadmin to the mysql database and get something like a code to make it appear on my web pages

Thanks for your help

Comment

• Watdaflip
                Major General

• Sep 2005

Chances are your databases are not setup correctly. Make sure that for these they are something like

<login>your-cpanel-username_the-name-you-gave-your-db-username</login>
                <password>the-name-you-gave-your-db-password</password>
                <default>your-cpanel-username_the-name-you-gave-your-database</default>

When you imported the db.sql file into phpMyAdmin that was coping the tables to the database. phpMyAdmin is a database managing utility, when you view your database in that you should see all of the tables listed on the left, if you don't then you didn't import them.

Register/Login Script

Comment

• viliobn
                  Sergeant

• Mar 2008

I have done exactly the same thing even delete the database and create a new one to make sure everything is correct also I can see the tables on the left hand side in myphpadmin but how to get all this to my web showing all them tables and stuff.I have read a lot of info the last 2 days but did not see something similar to what I want to do.obviously I have to add some script to my pages or some codes I dont know and I cannot even figure it out

Comment

• Watdaflip
                    Major General

• Sep 2005

If you are sure all the files have been uploaded, that the script is connecting to the database, that the database contains all of the tables, and you have done any configuration that is needed there is no reason it shouldn't work.

At this point you may want to check with the support from the developers of the script

Register/Login Script

Comment

• MakCat
                      Private

• Apr 2008

Hi
                      Viliobn

I noticed your queries and I have had exactly the same problems - did you solve how to get the real estate site runnig?

Thanks

MakCat

Comment

• viliobn
                        Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Hi MakCat

No unfortunately I have not solve that yet and also I’m facing another problem because the software which I use has been made for a USA use but I need another one to display a properties in many countries.What kind of software do u use?If u need help with that u better write to Navaldesign or Watdaflip they are good with the coding,SQL and PHP

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

There are real estate free open source software in your cPanel.

Check out "Fantastico Pro"
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                          X