Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form maker installation problem

Hello,

In contrast to all other clear instructions this one is kind of ...

... anyway, could you please help me with this.

I'm on FormMakerPro system installation step.

Getting following message: Could not connect to MySQL server

With all these multiple usernames/passwords used in BV, I might misused
    them. Please advise what should be entered in these fields ?

Thanks much! rus84

Could not connect to MySQL server
    UsernameEmailPasswordConfirm password MySQL hostMySQL loginMySQL passwordMySQL database name

Re: Form maker installation problem

You need to create a database if you have not, the database user will not be your cpanel username. It will be your "cpanelUsername_NameYouGaveTheUser"

The same goes for the database.

Make sure that you have created the database and assigned permissions

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for quick response!

DB was created.

what should I enter in these fields:

PasswordConfirm password MySQL hostMySQL loginMySQL passwordMySQL database name

Thanks.

Comment

Anybody !!??

Username: cpanelUserName_mySqlUsername

E-mail: any existing address on my domain

Password: E-mail password, or mySql password ?

mySqlHost: localhost ?

mySqlLogin: cpanel_mySqlLogin, or just mySqlLogin ?

mySqlDBName: cpanel_mySqlDBName, or just mySqlDBName ?

Thanks.
        rus84

Comment

Looks like I'm talking to myself...

it was first very frustrating experience with otherwise awesome!!! BV.

BlueVoda FTP tool did not upload all files, I had to install Smart FTP,
          and now at the last step I can't complete it and don't have any
          error message pointing me to the problem...
          ...something like password is invalid or etc.
          just - Could not connect to MySQL server...

Comment

Username: cpanelUserName_mySqlUsername Not necessarily, ANY username you wat to use for logging in the FMP administration area when the script is installed.

E-mail: any existing address on my domain ANY that belongs to you, not necessarily in your domain, a gmail hotmail ot Yahoo adress would also be ok.

Password: E-mail password, or mySql password ? As above, ANY pasword that you want for FMP login purposes.

mySqlHost: localhost ? YES

mySqlLogin: cpanel_mySqlLogin, or just mySqlLogin ? controlpanel_username_sqlusername

mySqlDBName: cpanel_mySqlDBName, or just mySqlDBName ? controlpanel_username_DBname .

If you cannoy connect to the database it can be a couple of issues:

1. The database details you provided are wrong.. Look above
            2. You did NOT add the DB user you created, in the database itself. This way, the user has no permissions to connect to the database, thus the error message. Make sure that the user you created has ALL the permissions for the FMP database.

Please note that this is a volunteer based forum, no one here gets oaid, so some times it can be some hrs before you can get an answer to your questions.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for you response.
              I'll try one more time later this afternoon.

Regards,
              rus84

Comment

How to fully install advanced form maker

Hellow,
                Can someone help me out. i hahe downloaded ABVFP, succesfuly intalled it up to step 7 on the installation instructions wizard. an now stuck at step 8 (now type in your browser ab bar: yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php)

When i close cpanel & type it, errow page not found shows. i have already published my unfinished site b/c of this.

Is this advanced form maker not intigrated in the bv form designing wich i have recantly downloaded.

Many thanks

Comment

You either have NOT uploaded all files, OR youhave used another folder name, OR you have mistyped your domain name.

Please provide some link to your site/ABVFP folder
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The link to my site is www.learncomputerfast.com.
                    I haven't inserted any form in it since am not able to design one yet. What i typed in the browser after i have created a database as in step 7 of the untallation and closed the cpanel is hhtp://www.learncomputerfest.com/ABVFP/dbts_install.php

I also tried typing in the (ABVFP) in lower case, but it won't work. Do i have to create the form first before the wizard will install. If so, should i use the tuttorial to create it and publish it before the wizard will install fully.

Thanks for yiur help.

Comment

Ok, here is the problem:

1. You have created a "abvfp" folder.
                      2. But, instead of uploading the files in this folder, you have created ANOTHER folder, inside the first one, called "abvfp Folder"
                      3. You have not uploaded the extracted files (as clearly stated in the tutorial) BUT the entire ABVFP 2.0. zip

Please repeat the file upload as per instructions or it will never work.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Can you please work me through this process. I have uninstalled the ABVFP, installed it again but i could'nt do it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I don't think that i can provide here more detailed instructions than what i have already done in the tutorial that is included with the zip.
                          Please open the Word tutorial, and follow to the letter all steps. It is very detailed, and it also includes images (screenshots) that will walk you through the process. Do NOT try to make variations of your own at this point, as said, follow instructuions to the letter.

If you still have problems, please post again.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for your advice. i have tried again but no success. i opened my ftp and on the abvfp folder, all the axtracted files are there, but the first three on the list (bv pages, tutorials, wysiwyg 5.o wb pages). could this be the 3 folders i shouldn't have uploaded? if so can i go back to ftp and delate the first 3 folders above.

Please tell me how to tackle this stage if the above it not right.
                            Many thanks.

Comment

Click on http://www.learncomputerfast.com/abvfp/
                              You will see that there are NO files in it (unless you deleted them). So you have uploaded nothing, or you have uploaded theem in a different folder.

The three folders: you didn't need to upload those, however, it will not be a problem. It is not ***essary to delete them.

So there MUST be something else you are doing wrong.

Find out WHERE you uploaded the files. Is this your main domain, or an addon ? If this is an addon, maybe you created a folder in the Main domain ?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X