• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndyman
    First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Re: Form maker installation problem

Yes this is my main domain. i did upload this file and it's on the puglic folder. I just dont know whare i got it wrong.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I don't think i can help any further without seeing your account. If you wish send me your account log in details and i will have a look. Use my contact form.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ndyman
        First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I have recieved the login & configuration details. Thanks so much for your assistance. I'll now go on and start using the form.

Thanks You!

Comment

• ndyman
          First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Still need some help.
          I have tried to use this ABVFP but still having some problems. The form dos'nt display when i click it on my sit at www.learncomputerfast.com instead, erro mesage keep poping up.

how do i begin desning and publishing the form correctly to have the working fine.

Any suggestions will help. Thank

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This is not a ABVFP problem, but a typing mistake. Your form URL is http://www.learncomputerfast.com/contact form.html Note the white space between contact and form.

Edit this in your button, or, even better, save your BV page as "contactform" instead of "contact form", save and republish. tefresh your browser before testing

EDIT: Further more, your form is wrong: the editboxes as well as the submit button are outside the form area, so it will not work. Also, your form is NOT processed by ABVFP, you have set it to be processed by the "action.php" script.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ndyman
              First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I have delated the contact, thank you and erro pages from my FTP. Please what i whant to know is; how do i start from scrach to use or edit the abvfp subscription, thank you and erro pages. I have delated them because i created them earlier wiyh bv form maker.

Should i open it, edit it, "save as" and then publish each and every page.
              I have filled out a form on ABVFP and have the form number. So how do i start using this form.

Please help me out
              Thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please note that it is not necessary that you use ABVFP only with the form / thank you/ error pages that come with the bundle. You can create / use your own form / hank you / error page. The ONLY requirements are that you set up the form and error page correctly, and that you also provide the correct details in the ABVFP control panel.

So,

Step 1. If you have your form ready, double click it and set as action: http://www.learncomputerfast.com/abvfp/dbts_abvfp.php

Step 2. Set the form encoding type to "multipart/form data"
                Step 3. Set the form hidden field "Formid" to be the form number that ABVFP has displayed when you set up the form
                Step 4. Save and Publish your form
                Step 5. Create , Save and publish your Thank you page.
                Step 6. Open the Error page that is included in the zip, modify it as required (WITHOUT changing the text area content, or the page HTML), Save and publish it.
                Step 7. Go in your ABVFP control panel, login, and select Option 3: modify the settings of an existing form. From the Listbox, select the form with your form ID
                Step 8. When the form settings appear, make sure that ALL the settings are correct. Especially the Form URL, the Thank you page and Errorpage URLs, as well as your email address.

Open the form page in your browser, hit F5 sometimes so it will refresh, and test the form.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• ndyman
                  First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Thanks for your help. I have created and published the 3 pages. But the erro message still comes up after i submite my test form.

Do i have to publish the 3 forms in the same folder, for example "contactform.html) in order to have them working proparly. Right now they are on different folders as i can see on my FTP.

Many thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Can you please be more specific ? what are the IRLs of the 3 pages ?
                    What error message you get ?

It is not important that the pages are in the same folder, the important is that the pages URLs are correctly provided in the ABVFP control panel
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• ndyman
                      First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

The error message states:I cannot process the form. The form has not been correctly setup. !"

The 3 url is www.learncomputerfast.com/contactform.html
                      www.learncomputerfast.com/thankyou.html
                      errorpage_myedition.php

I have also changed the pages in ABVFP control panel via the 3rd option.

Many thanks for your help.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Let's start from this one: your hidden field is named "formid" with lowercase f. Make it "Formid" with uppercase F. test and we will see from there.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• ndyman
                          First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I have just done that and this is the message i get:
                          Not Found

The requested URL /ABVFP/thankyou.html was not found on this server.
                          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
                          Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.learncomputerfast.com Port 80

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok, we are making progress. This means that ABVFP has worked for your form! It sinply cannot find the thank you page, but all the rest should be working (the mail submission) or it would not even reach that point.

Open your Thank you page in your browser.

Once it appears, cipy, from the browser address bar, the entire URL (http://....... ) . Now open your ABVFP, select, as you did before, "Modify the settings of an existing form" and select your form 2.

Go in the field "Thank you page URL" and delete whatever you have there. PASTE in the field, the URL that you have copied from your browser. memorize the settings.

Now test again the form.

In 99% of the cases, it is a typing error or a mistaken folder
                            Navaldesign

Comment

• ndyman
                              First Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Thank you so much. The form is now working on my site.

I appreciate your your help so much.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You are very welcome.
                                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                                X