Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i connect mysql tables to the forms

hi there.
    i have a new site : www.godhelpme.org and im trying to create the registration page, post prayer page, etc.. after lots of reading i think i need some php codes to do this. I have tried and successfully installed abvfp but i dont think that's what i need since i have already created mysql tables and the forms.

if anyone could help or show me the way to connect these tables to the forms so these tables get populated. if i can see some sample codes, i appreciate it very much.

i know i would have other issues after this, but this is it for now. Thanks a lot!

Re: how do i connect mysql tables to the forms

opps, above sitename is wrong. My sitename is www.godhearme.org. thanks.

Comment

To store info from webforms into a database, you will need not only to set up a database, but also a php script that will receive the info from the form, and will store it in the database.
      Now, this is something that you can build, if you have the necessary experiense. However, if you use ABVFP, it is able of doing it automatically for you, so you don't need to write a single line of code, it is as straight as abc.

Since you already have created the forms and you also have installed ABVFP, you only need to set your form action to ABVFP, and setup the forms in the ABVFP control Panel.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi there.
        i went to this link:
        http://www.godhearme.org/ABVFP/dbts_ABVFP_loggin.php

but it would only allow me to create a predesigned form.
        how can i create a form from this tool then?

Also, i'm afraid i mess up the ABVFP folder in the cpanel when I published the indexed page i forgot to change the folder name. before i published the index page, i published the CONTACTFORM sample of abvfp.
        it is okay to remove the ABVFP folder, then ftp again without re-installing?

Comment

No, you've got it wrong!

ABVFP does NOT create forms, it processes YOUR forms.

Use the forms you created, set them up in the ABVFP (the link you posted above) and they will automatically worl.

ABVFP simply receives the info from your form, and it emails it to you. as well as storing it in the database.

There is a Word Tutorial in the zip you downloaded, which explains HOW to use ABVFP with your own forms.

If the only problem is that you have published inside the ABVFP folder, there is no problem at all. Do NOT delete the ABVFP folder, or you will need to repeat the entire installation.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok. i will reread the tutorials again, maybe i missed something.
            i still cant figure out how the forms i already created link with abvfp.
            but i will try again.

the table for thse forms are already created in GHM database not in the abvfp database. should i recreate them there (in abvfp). don't know if there is tool to copy these tables there, is there?
            Thanks.

Comment

The forms are NOT linked to ABVFP. You need to do that. It is done by setting the form action to be : http://www.yourdomain.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php

The info willbe stored in the ABVFP database. You do NOT need to copy the tables, ABVFP will automatically create the tables at the first submission.

You do, however, need to set correctly the field names extensions so ABVFP can "understand" what type of field it needs to create.

I.e. the extension -A to a field name, means 30 chrs, -B means 60 chrs, -C 200, -D 500, -E unlimited (actually 64 000 chrs)

Please read the tutorial, it is ALL explained there.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Success!
                I got the tables populated thru ABVFP.
                Thank you very much.

I will continue with the other tables before I post other issues.
                There are processes needed on the forms that I may need help later.

Again thanks so much Navaldesign!
                i appreciate your help.

Comment

Now, this is about displaying information from the database.
                  I have finished the data capturing forms, database writing and now need to retrieve these data to populate the screen forms.
                  I read in other postings and if i'm right, it said we need another script to display data.
                  Please anyone show me sample scripts/codes, sample sites, brief description on how to accomplish this. I appreciate it very much.

I have programming skills, just dont know how to use it here...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X