• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vidalcarmen
    First Lieutenant

• Dec 2007

Vote Pro Error

I copied the folder "votepro" into the "public_html" folder for my website via BlueFTP, but when I type in my domian name and the folder after it (http://www.pebblecrossing.com/votepro) I get an internal server error. Can any one help me?
    -Zachary
    www.pebblecrossing.com
    Earn While you Search the Web!
  • onestep
    Corporal

• Aug 2009

Re: Vote Pro Error

Ditto!

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Check that the folder permissions are 755 and file permissions, within the folder, are 644
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• onestep
        Corporal

• Aug 2009

Thanks Naval,

Folder permissions are 755 and permissions of all files in the folder are 644. I still get he same error messages. The install instructions from Brad say to change the config file permissions to 666. Either way 644 or 666 for that file result in same error message when trying to access http://www.epmgc.com/votepro.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This is CERTAINLY a permissions issue.

Try setting the permissions through cPanel (not through FTP)
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• onestep
            Corporal

• Aug 2009

Thanks for hanging with me Naval. I checked permissions via cpanel. Folder was 755, files were 644 except config.php which was 666. Got the server error message. Changed config in cpanel to 644. Got the same error.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

This is certainly a permissions issue. But the issue might be in another folder (an included file from some other folder)

I'm sorry but there is no way to help without actually entering your hosting account
              Navaldesign

Comment

• onestep
                Corporal

• Aug 2009

I had read a earlier post about deleting the file .htaccess, however, I could not find that file in my uploaded folder. Finally, I checked "show hidden files" in cpanel and there it was. I deleted it, have folder permissions at 755 and config.php at 666. All is now well!

Comment

Working...
                X