Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Query from SQL DB

Hi
    I am going to create the Web page for Order Status ( it's very critical for Custmer Satisfaction ). My Web is being hosted by Blue Voda now and my SQL DB is in my store. In the form, customer is supposed to enter customer name and last name, then customer can see whether his order is still pending or done in my web site. It's very simple procedure but I don't know how to define the system and how it works. Would you let me know how I have to define the system and code in Blue Voda and my computer in store ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Web Query from SQL DB

Hm.. Which store that is ? How do you update the database with the Order Status ?

No specific answer can be given unless we know the details. Generally speaking, it would be necessary to know:
    1. If customerdetails are stored in the same or different tables in the DB
    2. If different, two queries are necessary: a first one to retrieve the user ID, from Name and Last NAme, and a second one, to retrieve the order details, using the userID for the query.

As i said, without setails no helpful answer can be given. In any case, the practical part requires at least some php knowledge.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      It may be in same DB or in separate DB. Because it's just information data, I don't need to check the password. And this program will not update the record in the DB. My intention is to just show current pending orders which is not done yet in the web, where customer enter their ID and Last name. It sounds like I have to code programs and put into my Server which is in connection with my Web hosting server( Blue Voda ). I need your further assistance so as to get more info. Appreciate in advance.

Comment

You can use ABVFP and a simple form made in BV to input the customer and Order details easily in the DB. The second part, would be as follows:
        a. You create a form that the client uses to type his ID (Name or other, but, in any case, a field among those stored in the database)
        b. You then submit the form to another page, with a script embedded in it. This script "grabbs" the customer details and queries the database. Ir accordingly displays the data on the screen.
        It is not a hard script, if you have a minimum of knowledge, but could take you hours (or even days) if you know nothing about php.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X