• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarrisa
    Sergeant

• Aug 2006

URGENT HELP PLEASE RE: MySQL and php

This is MEGA URGENT please....if someone can help me. I am designing a new website in BlueVoda for a client who has an exisiting site using a MySQL database. I have just transferred the domain name from the previous host into their new Vodahost account as an add on site.

Now the stupid bit....and I have gotten out of my depth here...I thought that transferring a site meant that the whole thing was transferred, not just the domain name. I now realise that the site's database is a separate issue. I have this info from the previous designer:

'Let me know if you need an up to date download of the My SQL database (.sql .txt whatever) which the site uses at present. I use the standard tool 'phpMyAdmin' to export and import databases which you can install and use yourself even if its not available in your control panel, just set the new IP address in the config.php file.

I am leaving the country for a week in 9 hours and just want to have the existing site live through vodahost by then. I can do all the rest when I get back.

SO Please....can someone give me a newbie step by step simple guide on how to do this. The website is milleniumproperty.com with ID: 24293

Thank you
  • Alien Dude
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE RE: MySQL and php

you will need export the database to a zip folder onto your pc from there old server first. then import into the voda database using mysqladmin import option.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• clarrisa
      Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Thank you, but when I import the database I get the following error message:

Error

SQL query:
      --
      -- Database: `mpw`
      --
      CREATE DATABASE `mpw` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said:
      #1044 - Access denied for user 'osvnvxx'@'localhost' to database 'mpw'

Any ideas please??

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

Create the database manually in cpanel, and then use phpmyadmin to import the tables

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X