I really hope this is the right place to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope this is the right place to post this

I am in the middle of building my new website, and I was looking for a free reciprocal link manager script and I found one called Linkex and I installed it with no problem and I even added the categories I wanted, but now I am stuck on what to do next.

I am lost on what to do once I make my link pgs templates that I will be using to match my site, how do I get the links that people will add on those pages? Is there a code I need to add to these pages? I have read the documentation section on Linkex, but I am still confused.

Can someone tell me what to do to get this working?

Again, I hope I am posting this in the right place, if not I am truly sorry

Re: I really hope this is the right place to post this

Right Forum, Aubrey, but wrong decision (IMO).

These "link sharing" utilities and services do more harm than good. Full of nefarious scripts, thinly veiled threats to your site and possibly Users themselves, and without the careful attention to protecting your SE Values via being selective on how you build relevance, it is best to avoid these tactics altogether. They are counting on your naievete when it comes to creating new traffic to climb up the ladder, even if it means eroding your values and reputation to do it....

You would be better off carefuly building your optimization strategy and rank metrics within a resonable method and with the precision needed to get the better results. Choose your link, traffic, and optimization strategies and partnerships with extreme care, and your efforts will be returned with proper reward.

There are more effective means to stimulate traffic, and all of them offer more control and security than this type of "program".....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Like Vasili said, choose carefull...

Email the sites related to your area asking for a link exchange. It might take a long time to have lots of links pointing to your site, but it's worth it!

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Amen...NO PAIN, NO GAIN...old adage...good sense business wise...

Google wants choosey...wants the ones who did "the homework"...and each day, they are developing new strategies to make sure they are offering the "best" of the best in a Google search....

Prime example...me...I have not submitted my site anywhere (number 1=site still under construction)...and after only three weeks of it being in my profile as my homepage in this forum and no marketing, no meta, no advertising whatsoever...if you were to google my business's name without spaces, I'm already indexed by Google.

Google is on its journey to weed out the bad, and I have no doubts that sometime in the near future...that once you "blackhat", even unknowingly strayed that way...you will not ever be indexed by Google without some serious Google ***kissing.

Don't believe me? Check out Google's own blog....Google straight out tells you that if you don't follow their standards, they won't index you...

No, Google will not volunteer the information to get your site listed...the people who have done the work will know what it takes, but many on this forum know EXACTLY what to do...but Google does give you a guideline here.
        Last edited by karenwms63; 08-05-2008, 09:24 AM. Reason: uh
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

P.S. Google is not the only "kid on the block", just the one who is "large and in charge" right now...there are plenty others...Google may not be the one for your niche/industry/idea/whatever...but if Google likes your site, then pretty much all search engines will...
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
          X