Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• include() for my BV menu bar and drop down

Hello dear BV members,

I need your help to make my web maintenance more time efficient. I now spend so much time updating constantly a drop-down menu in several pages of my site that it is making me feel quite frustrated and bitter. I heard that include() in PHP could help me reduce tremendously the amount of time spent on updating menu bars.

Please look at this page, frenchtasticpeople[dot]com[slash]studywithafriend[dot]html
    and would you, please, show me how to use include() to work on the drop down menu (toward the top-center of screen - It has 17 pages so far).

Whenever I add an additional page to this drop down menu in BV, I always have to update all the other pages. I will really appreciate if someone here could not just tell me, but "show" me step by step. Thanks so much in advance and happy holiday

Herman

Re: include() for my BV menu bar and drop down

Hi David,

I already thanked you in a different thread, but it won't hurt to say it twice: Thanks very much!

Now to my dear forum members,

I have another question , though: If I need to include 2, 3, or more segments in a single page using the include(), do I repeat the same process described in the above link (by navaldesign) u mentioned?
    In other words, what if in addition to my menu bar already included, i also want to include a same logo, or same text content, or same anything in several pages, do I still copy-paste every time the php code shown in step 1 and step 2 of the tutorial you've linked above? (of course, I will change the page names each time)

Thanks very much in advance,

Herman

Comment

I sometimes use 2 or 3 different static items using the same system of includes.
      Remember that each item should be created and saved in its own page first.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Merci, David! I'll work on it now!

Herman

Comment

Please review the include thread, MAJOR updates were done yesterday
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello Naval,

Actually I just took a look at the thread right now and can't see the recent changes you've mentioned. I looked at page 1 of your inlude() tutorial and also its last page 5 hoping to see any new note from you. Would you be kind to mention the direct link to the updates? Thanks very much Nadal, (you can't imagine how your straightforward explanations make BV webdesign fun, at least for me)

Herman

Comment

The update is made directly in the very first post.

It consists in the way of including the menu (or other, for what matters) page which NO LONGER needs to be PHP or have any code in it.
              Also, the menu is NOT anymore included as function, so the code to place in the main page is now simpler (one less line).
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wow, even better!

Thanks a bunch!

Herman

Comment

Working...
                X