• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Businessbuyerspain
    Corporal

• Mar 2009

database details

Hi,

Could someone help with the scrip below please, I am working my way through a set of instructions for something I have downloaded and am not sure what to put where in the script below. The intructions ask for my database details to be added but what and where? The database I have created is called 'rmt'. Do I need to change the word 'localhost' and if so to what. The same question for 'myroot' and finally the default is 'realestate' is this what I should call the database rather than 'rmt' which is what I have called it presetly.

<database type="mysql">
    <server>localhost</server>
    <login>myroot</login>
    <password>mypass</password>
    <default>realestate</default>
    </database>

Again, thanks for any help

Rob
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: database details

When you create a database in cpanel it will automatically be prefixed with your cpanel username.

You also need to give permission for an existing username, or create a new database username to access the database. All of this can be done on the same page as you created the database. There should be a video tutorial on this on the cpanel tutorials page.

Here's what your configuration should be like
    <database type="mysql">
    <server>localhost</server>
    <login>cpanel username_database username</login>
    <password>database username's password</password>
    <default>cpanel username_rmt</default>
    </database>

Replace the blue text with your actual username, and the red text will depend on what you make it

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Businessbuyerspain
      Corporal

• Mar 2009

Re: database details

Thanks for the help, most appreciated.

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X