• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • local-shoppers
    Sergeant

• Dec 2008

MySQL help

I have recently purchased a PHP Classifieds script and during installation it is telling me to Please create a new MySQL database and database user in your hosting control panel for PHP Classifieds.
    Or contact your service provider to set up MySQL as service for you.

I set up a database but it's asking me for few things to continue with installation. So far I've been unable to provide the correct info.

1. host location
    2. database name
    3. database username
    4. database password

Can you tell me what I'm supposed to put in these fields? I called the database PHPClassifieds but it shows up as dzuuwqs_PHPClassifieds in the list. The user name that i created is mlandry, it is showing as dzuuwqs_mlandry

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: MySQL help

cPanel automatically prefix's the database name and username with your cpanel username.

For the database name enter "dzuuwqs_PHPClassifieds"
    For the username enter "
    dzuuwqs_mlandry"
    and then for password enter whatever you actually entered the password as
    the host location will be "localhost"

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• local-shoppers
      Sergeant

• Dec 2008

That's what I thought, but when I continue to the next step it shows me this. Any advice? I cannot get any further than this in the installation.

PHP Classifieds Script -- Installation

Step 3

Setting config file...OK

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'dzuuwqs_mlandry'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/dzuuwqs/public_html/mysql.ini.php on line 401
      Dropping tables if exist...
      Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dzuuwqs/public_html/mysql.ini.php on line 429
      Connect Error:Access denied for user 'dzuuwqs_mlandry'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Query Error:Access denied for user 'dzuuwqs_mlandry'@'localhost' (using password: YES)SQL:DROP TABLE IF EXISTS accounting

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Creating the user is not enough, you also need to allow him permissions for the specific database, did you do this ?
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• local-shoppers
          Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Yes, I selected no restrictions for the user

Comment

Working...
          X