• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobile-focus.admin
    Corporal

• Oct 2008

Cannot connect to MySQL database???

Hi there.

I have an annoying problem and it seems that I'm not the only one.

To install cubecart I needed to create a MySQL database via cpanel...no problem, but during the installation process www.mobile-focus.com/shop I can't seem to get past the 3rd process to connect/identify my remote SQL database. I get the error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'kcloqje_kcloqje'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kcloqje/public_html/shop/classes/db/db.php on line 42
    Access denied for user 'kcloqje_kcloqje'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have tried every database hostname:
    mobile-focus.com
    localhost
    voda30.voda30.com
    voda30
    ip adresse: 67.2288.244.198; 67.228.190.149
    vodahost...and i'm sure that my passwords are correct as they are accepted in cpanel!!!

What is the database host name??? It can't be that complicating???

CubeCart Setup v4.3.3
    Step 3 out of 5 12345
    Step 3 - Build Configuration Data, Create Administrator Account & Install Database TablesSoftware License Key:
    A software license key can be purchased directly from our website. http://www.cubecart.com. The install script will continue but the admin control panel of you store will not work if the license key is invalid.Software License Key:This is not the same as a copyright removal key.Database Settings
    (These can normally be obtained or created in your web hosting control panel)Database Hostname:e.g. localhostDatabase Name:e.g. cubecart_database Database Username:e.g. database_user Database Password: Confirm Password:
    Your insight would be greatly appreciated as it driving me crazy

Thank-you,

Gary
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Cannot connect to MySQL database???

Did you create a data base in mysql? did you make a user? and then ADD that user to the data base?

The host will be left simply as LOCAL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Cannot connect to MySQL database???

It is not enough to create a user, you also need to grant him ALL permissions for the specific database. Did you ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X