• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doug145
    Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2006

Cannot run a PHP file by itself

When I put PHP code inside an HTML script on the Bluevoda site builder it does fine. But I am having the following problem:

I bought a set of PHP scripts and downloaded them. After unzipping them I cannot seem to run the main install.php script by itself. This file is supposed to give instructions for the whole installation. This will build a website, which I am hoping to get to run on Bluevoda's server. When I click on it Windows Viewer runs and just shows just a placeholder type image instead of executing the code. I can view code when I open it in Wordpad, but I still cannot get it to run. I even installed PHP.exe on my PC, but I still cannot get it to run.

Anyone please help me on this. I am having some trouble getting a reply from the people I purchased it from.

Doug
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Cannot run a PHP file by itself

You have to upload it to the server in the directory you want it to run.. that and all the files they gave you. Then you type in your browser window the url of the file.. then it should run the intall script.

You cant embed this in blue voda.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• doug145
      Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2006

I went to my File Manager and I uploaded the entire downloaded folder of PHP files and image files to my public_html folder. So all the new files are in a subfolder under the public_html folder now. What few instructions I got said that after I upload the files to the server, create a tmpl_c folder and set its permissions to 777, which I did. Then rename the settings_default.php file to setting.php (I noticed that file is already named that). Then to "run the install.php script and follow the instructions."

I tried just typing install.php in the browser URL window, but that just does something erratic. I just open up a new browser window, and then what is the URL I should type?

Doug

Comment

• Karen Mac
        General

• Apr 2006

well first change that 777 folder to 755

Second.. it has to be the whole URL

www.yoursitewhateveritis.com/install.php

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• doug145
          Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2006

When I do what you said I just get a blank screen. The install.php file is in my public_html folder along with all of the other files I downloaded.

The company I bought it from will not reply to me at all.

Doug

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

Well Doug

I dont know what to tell you. .YOu can ask someone to look and install it, offer to pay someone to install it.. or put in a support ticket and pay them to install it.

Its impossible to sit here and tell you HOW to install every script step by step as we have NO way of knowing them all. It will take someone reading the instructions and doing the work. .That takes time.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• doug145
              Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2006

I understand. The outfit I bought it from will not reply at all to me. I have sent them several emails and no reply. that's why I came running here.

I may ask for a refund, by contacting Alertpay (that I used to buy it with).

Doug

Comment

Working...
              X