• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul008
    Corporal

• Apr 2008

Database for website "search" capability

Hi there can someone help me please. I have a website up and running without problems. I am looking to incorporate a 'search' facility to it so prospective customers can search for make/model/size/cost etc...
    Do I need an SQL database to do this or is there a really simple way. If an sql databas eis required can I set one up using an MS excel spreadsheet that I have the info on already.

my url is www.008automotive.com

I would welcome any suggestions to implement.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Database for website "search" capability

There are scripts that do this, and you must create a database in cpanel mysql and then run the install to connect the script to the data base.

Do a search for SEARCH Scripts on google.. there are even some FAIR free ones

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Watdaflip
      Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Database for website "search" capability

You could just use a google search bar which doesn't need all of the information to be in a database to be searched. This however will only provide a very basic search of your website's content.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X